Dating the Son of Zeus *23*

The bright early rays of sun creeping in through my balcony door woke me up. Looking down I saw that Sophia was still fast asleep on my chest. I watched for a moment as her chest slowly rose and fell with each breath that she took. Her dark hair fell loosely around her face and brought out the light flush that colored her cheeks. Laying my head back down and bringing a hand up I attempted to rub the sleep from my eyes. Taking a look at the clock on my bed side table I saw that it was only a quarter til six. Slowly I crept out from underneath Sophia, careful not to wake her. Grabbing a pillow I sat it in my place and quietly changed clothes.

Walking out of my room I made my way down stairs. It was quiet in the apartment; no one else was awake yet. Sauntering into the kitchen I decided to make breakfast. Pulling down some pancake mix and chocolate chips, Sophia had insisted on helping us to stock our kitchen and no one was happier than Perseus, and started to mix it all together in a bowl. I almost had all of it done when I heard movement upstairs. It wasn’t long before I saw Penelope making her way into the kitchen, fully dressed and ready to take on the day.

“Morning,” I said with a smile.

“Good morning,” she greeted me. “What are you doing?”

“Making breakfast,” I answered.

“Never thought I would see the day. Sophia must really be rubbing off on you then, huh?” she asked with a smirk.

“In more ways than you know. Go ahead and wake up Perseus and Leonidas for me will you? I have something I need to talk to you guys about,” I said keeping an eye on the pancake in the skillet, careful not to burn it.

“Want me to wake up Sophia too?” she asked.

“No let her sleep.” Nodding her head, Penelope turned and headed off upstairs. Not ten minutes later and my friends were all seated precariously around the kitchen.

“So what is the news?” Leonidas asked.

“Yeah what is so important that you woke me up a full hour before I needed to be?” Perseus asked glaring at me as he munched on his third pancake. I let out a small chuckle.

“Hector visited Sophia in her dreams last night,” I told them while leaning up against the counter. I let my eyes drift from each one of them to the next.

“What? Seriously?” Perseus asked.

“Seriously,” I said.

“What did he say to her?” Penelope asked.

“It’s more like what he showed her,” I said.

“What do you mean?” Leonidas asked.

I sighed. “I mean he showed her the memory of when my mother and father told me I had to come here.”

“So what you’re saying is, she knows, about the entire wife thing,” Penelope said simply.

“Yes, that is what I’m saying.”

“And the fact that she is still here right now means she is ok with it?” Leonidas asked.

“Yes she is more ok with it than I would have ever expected her to be,” I admitted.

“Well that’s a good thing,” Penelope said with a smile.

“Yes, but Hector still shouldn’t of done that,” Perseus said with a frown. “He could have ruined everything.”

“That was his objective. He wanted her to be upset with all of this, with me,” I said standing straight.

“How do you know that?” asked Penelope.