Dating the Son of Zeus *7*

I walked out the front of the school to catch up with the rest of the group. I found them standing on the sidewalk, waiting. "Ok, we can head home," I said.

"What was all that about?" asked Leonidas.

"I just had to talk to someone. Come on, I know we're all tired." I turned and started to walk up the street towards our apartment. The rest of them fell into step beside me.

"You can say that again," said Perseus. "I am ready to fall into that overly stuffed bed in my room and sleep for at least a week."

"Too bad for you that we have to get up and do this all over again tomorrow," said Penelope.

"Ugh! Seriously?" Perseus said.

"Yeah. We go five days a week. Only off on Saturdays and Sundays."

"Ok can I quit now?" he asked. I couldn't stop my laugh. He could be so over dramatic sometimes.

"I'm pretty sure I am gonna stay home sick tomorrow. That lecture over Hermes was bad enough, I can NOT take sitting through an hour listening to someone talk all about my dad," Leonidas said.

"I'll grant you that deal, just as long as I can stay home when they talk about my dad," I said looking at him.

"You both are just being babies.  For Zeus' sake, toughen up a little please. We are gods afterall, we will be fine. We are ALL going to go to school tomorrow," Penelope said eyeing Leonidas and Perseus. "Remember why we are here. It's not about school it's about finding Hercules a wife. And from the looks of things today, I'd say you are on the right track." Penelope eyed me. "Do you think she's it?"

I looked up. I didn't know. How was I supposed to? I felt drawn to her, as if I could feel her anytime she was close. I thought she was insanely beautiful, and that electric shock that I got when we touched. What was that? If I had to put all of those into anything I'd have to say that my gut was telling me that Sophia was definietly special, if not the one. "I don't know," I finally said. "She's not just an average girl though." Penelope seemed satisfied with that and we walked the rest of the way home in silence. 

*****************************************************************

Later that night I stood on my balcony. It was a crystal blue night. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. Looking up at the sky I could almost forget where I was. Could almost forget why I was here. But then it all came crashing back down. My dad. A wife. Sophia. Her name rang around in my head clear as a bell. Now that I knew her, I didn't think that I could ever forget her. The truth was that I didn't want to. Thinking about her beautiful face, piercing blue eyes, and brilliant smile, it made me just want to see her that much more. But I had to know why, I had to find out more about her. Walking over to my bed I layed down. The fabric was rough and scratchy, not the smooth silky feeling that I was used to back home. My hearing was so much better here. I could hear things farther away. Closing my eyes and listening intenly I could hear the people around me. I could hear my three friends sleeping in their rooms. I could hear the television of the people below me. I could even hear the constant hum of the traffic 17 floors down.

Ignoring all of that I began to think of Sophia. I pictured her face. The warm color of her skin. The soft pink of her liips. The way her voice sounded. Thinking about her this way made me feel closer to her. Like I could sense her. The same way I could feel that she was close to the classroom, I could feel her now, though not nearly as strong. I wanted to be closer to her. I wanted to know all that there was to know about her. That was when the idea came to me. It hit me like a lightening bolt. Taking deep breaths I cleared my mind and attempted to try something that I had never had to try before. Steadying my breathing, I relaxed into the bed further. I found the connection that I felt to Sophia. It was like a thread in the dark. I followed it. Inching my way closer to her. The more I followed it, the closer I felt to her. And when I was finally able to tell that she was asleep, I did it. I invaded her dreams.