Eleven

Kaia's P.O.V.

He just... he just... he just kissed me. When did he ever start liking me? I turn around to look at the door but Cade is long gone. He just left me on the rooftop after he full on kissed me, with his lips. On my lips. Our lips touched. Like those kisses in the movies. Like how people do to the people they like. Cade likes me?

But why? I'm so annoying. He must've had a really big fight with his dad for him to kiss me like that. And what did he say? He wants me to care about him more than I care about anyone else? Like how he cares about more than anyone else? Is this for real? I just knew him for three weeks. Where did he find the time to like me when we've only been talking last week? He just kissed me!

What the hell do I do now? Do I chase after him and tell him off? Do I avoid him? Does this mean I have to stop talking to him and make sure I never see him again? I think the last option is probably easier. Just thinking about it, I don't think I can ever face him again. Especially after what he just did. I feel my face heat up. I look around the roof making sure that no one is here. Ben better not be up here. He is the last person I want to witness what just happened. Actually no, Kieran is the last person I'd want. Kieran would kill me if he found out. Aunt Meredith would have a field day if she found out. Vivian would tell everyone if she found out.

No one can know about this. I rush off the rooftop and to the cafeteria to find Kieran. I told Kieran to wait for me at the cafeteria when I saw Cade heading to the rooftop. He looked so annoyed, angry and sad that I followed him to the rooftop to make sure he's okay. Biggest mistake of my life.

When I enter the cafeteria, I immediately walk right back out. Cade's in there, of course. He's sitting with Kieran, of course. My life can't get any worse, can it?

"Kaia," Vivian calls. I spoke too soon.

"What?" I ask.

Vivian stands in front of me with her hand on her hips. She looks at me from head to toe, "Ashton told me you rejected his invite to his party. Why aren't you going to the party this Saturday?" she asks.

"I don't want to, that's why," I reply.

"Just cancel whatever you're doing this Saturday and just go to the party, okay?" she orders.

I frown, "Why? Why do you want me to go?"

"For some strange reason, people actually like you," she says as if it is the most shocking thing in the world.

I shake my head immediately, "No one likes me? I don't know what you are talking about, no one likes me," I state. Cade does not like me. He can't. She can't think that at least.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. But I guess I was wrong," Vivian shrugs. She still stands in front of me. Why isn't she going away? Does she think that we are in an engaging conversation?

"Just tell everyone I got sick and that's why I couldn't go to the party," I suggest. She looks at me as though that was the worse excuse ever? What? Does she need a really exaggerated one for people to believe her? "Or that Kieran murdered me. People would believe that," I say sarcastically.

"Whatever, I'll just tell everyone you can't go because you found out you're knocked up." 

"What?" How is that any better? Telling people that I'm pregnant? That's terrible. Is that how her brain works? Does she really think that's a plausible idea? "I already made plans with Vi," I tell her.

"Who's Vi?" she asks.

"Vivian."

"Why are you making plans with that loser? Just come to the damn party, alright?"