Sixteen

Kaia's P.O.V.

For a week after Cade publicly and falsely announce that we're dating, people has been approaching me to ask if we're really dating. I told them the truth that Cade is crazy and he's a liar. Two weeks after that, people continue to believe we're dating despite my protest. Even Aunt Meredith believes that I'm dating Cade after Vivian told her what happened in the cafeteria. I told her that I'm not but she thinks that I'm denying it to prevent Kieran from finding out.

I have never seen her look so happy before. No matter how much I protest, she thinks that we are really dating. She even said to me that 'the slimy worm has finally grown into a butterfly with a halo made out of gold'. What the hell does that even mean? Worms don't even become butterflies, caterpillars do. Also, halo is not made out of gold. That defeats the purpose of the halo. What really confuses me, how does me dating make me look like an angelic butterfly. Further, did she just state that I looked like a slimy worm? I don't know if I should feel offended or not.

Why does she want me to date so badly? I guess this is all for the good since Aunt Meredith won't push me to date anymore if she's under the impression that I'm dating. But yet, the whole school still thinks we're dating. Why?

"Everyone knows that Cade is a liar but yet people believe him when they say we're dating and I say we're not." Mrs Wallace left the room for a moment to take a phone call, or something like that. Once he left the room, the classroom fills with chatter.

"People saw you getting all close in the hallway a few days before the announcement," Vi points out.

"What? No we didn't!" Is she referring to when Cade cornered me in the hallway? When he got me in trouble by Mr Riley?

"Besides, I think people think you two are dating because Cade publicly claimed you. Now guys won't look towards your direction because they know that Cade likes you. People rather stay away from Cade's pranks than be with you."

"I find that extremely offensive. How am I worth less than Cade's pranks? I'm worth more than sixty tonnes of pure gold," I say, dramatically.

"Cade's pranks are equivalent to sixty lifetimes of torture," Vi remarks.

I pout. "Why didn't Kieran kill Cade?"

"Doesn't Kieran know that you guys aren't dating?"

I shrug, "How am I supposed to know? I don't what Cade said to him but Kieran doesn't seem to care," I state.

I told Kieran that Cade was lying and I'm not dating him but Kieran wouldn't say anything back. Rather, he would always change the topic whenever I bring it up. I wonder what Cade said to him to make Kieran change his mind like this. I never expected Kieran to behave like this if he found out that I'm dating. For crying out loud, he destroyed my laptop after finding out I'm went on a blind date. But then again... the laptop wasn't even broken. How did I know that you can disconnect it? I feel stupid.

"Yo, new girl," someone grabs my attention. I look up from my desk to see a girl with pitch black hair and bronzed skin. Oh no, another one of Cade's fan girls. I wonder if she's Velma. I still haven't found the Scooby girls.

"Ah, yes?"

No one else is looking at us. The only people pay attention in this encounter is this girl, Vi and myself. "Are you really dating Cade Pearson?"

"Oh my God, no I'm not," I pout. I let my head fall on the table.

"Are you interested in dating him?" she asks.

I look at her, "Ew, no."

She grabs a random seat and takes a seat in front of me. "Good, because Cade is not a guy you would want to date. That boy, when he says he likes you, he usually doesn't mean it. He has a long history of getting girls to think that he likes her and dumps her when she thinks they're serious."