Seventeen

Kaia's P.O.V.

I knock on Vivian's bedroom door. In a few seconds, Vivian opens the door. "What do you want, slut?" she asks. Wow, that was totally uncalled for.

"I need help," I state bluntly. I can't believe I'm actually asking for Vivian's help. Out of all people in the world, I ask her? I need help to pick out an outfit for the date I have with Cade. I'm still trying to figure out why I even said yes. I don't really want to go to this date and know there's no point getting all dressed up when I have no intentions to impress Cade. But, then again, I don't want to look like a hobo on my first ever date.

Asking Vivian is better than Kieran or Aunt Meredith. Kieran would likely pick the ugliest clothes I have. When Kieran heard that I was going to a party with a guy, he would come along. He would do anything in his power to prevent this date. If I asked Aunt Meredith, she would've dressed me up like a baby prostitute. If I asked mum, she would end up telling Kieran immediately.

Vivian crosses her arm.

"I have a date and need advice," I whisper low enough, so Kieran wouldn't hear.

Kieran's in his room but that boy has supersonic hearing. I swear. I have no privacy when living with that guy.

"A date with Cade?" she smirks.

"Shh, Kieran will hear you."

"Ah, right. Your psycho brother," Vivian rolls her eyes. She walks pass me and heads to my bedroom. Does this mean she agrees to help? I'm not entirely sure what the walking out of the room signifies. I follow behind her, eyeing Kieran's bedroom door. Okay, looks like he didn't hear. Thank God. Vivian walks into my room and I soon follow behind. I close the door behind me once I enter my room.

Vivian is already at my wardrobe. "Ew, how do you even call this a closet? Nothing here is good enough for a date," she groans.

"Well, I'm sorry that my closet isn't filled with so many date potential outfits. If you haven't realised already, I don't go on dates," I pout.

"Whatever." She flicks out clothes from my wardrobe. Eh, great. I guess I'd be cleaning all that. I hate cleaning, why must she torture me? "Where are you two even going?" she asks.

I shrug, "I have no idea. But he'll be picking me up at one o'clock, so I guess some day time outing?" I suggest. I take a seat on my bed and watch her look through my clothes.

"So he gave you no idea what to wear or where you are going?" she asks. I shake my head no in response. "I swear, I don't get guys and their need for surprises. What's the big deal if you tell me? It's not like I'm going to sell him off to the C.I.A. or something," Vivian complains.

Where the hell did the C.I.A. come from? Is Ashton an international drug smuggler or something? Is that something the C.I.A. even deals with? What do they even do?

"You really have bad taste in clothes."

"I'm sorry." I don't even know why I'm apologising, but I just felt like it was the only thing I could say in return? I need Vivian's help, so getting on her bad side is not a good idea. I'm actually surprised how she's helping me. But then again, like mother like daughter. They want me transform into one of their kinds. Barbie.

She pulls out a dress that Aunt Vivian bought. It's some pinkish off white top. "Here wear this dress," she says.

"That's a dress? That looks like a top! I think it'll barely cover my butt," I say, standing up and holding the dress against me.