Chapter 19

My perfect family right? No...not how I believe it would be. It seemed like my worries only go away when I look at my daughter. Maddelena is a reflection of both me and Carter. I just want my fiancé to do right by me, the late nights are taking a toll of me. I've been getting messages from Xando...so much shit I don't know what to do at this point...

Carter and I have moved out of his parents home since Maddelena was born. They didn't want us to go but I told them we were grown enough to live on our own and it was best for us. Our cozy 3 bedroom condo was fitted for us and it was only a 30 minute drive from his parents house just in case something was to ever happen. I am currently stuck at home per usual because I'm still on maternity leave from the book store and I haven't gotten much rest.

I'm getting up everything 2 to 3 hours trying to calm down Maddelena from screaming my head off or waiting for her daddy to get home. Carter I love him so much but ever since this war started I feel constantly watched and he never has anytime for me. I'm sadden by it, but I don't show it because if I stress him out I'll look like the nagging future wife. I had Maddelena in my arms she was the most precious little girl! I love her so much I would do anything to protect her.

 I had Maddelena in my arms she was the most precious little girl! I love her so much I would do anything to protect her

"Hey mama's baby! Your so cuuuute!" I kissed her tummy as she giggled

"Lord only knows where your daddy is girl! I pray he comes home safe!" I said to her but she just laid there spitting bubbles

My phone started ringing I looked at the caller ID it was unknown.

"Hello?"

"Well if it isn't Jhene..."

"Who is this"

"Aw come on baby you can't tell me you recognize your own Xando's voice" He chuckled

"Wh-what do you want?" I said nervously

"I want the empire and you. I can make this really easily for you or difficult for your whole damn family...don't make me choose" He spat

"I will never give in to you!" I yelled

"See you soon Jhene..." With that the phone hung up

I felt the tears rolling down my face...how would I tell Carter about this. Maybe if I go away then Xando won't find me. I wiped my face and put Maddelena down for a nap. The door opened it was Carter, Spen , & the fellas. I was happy to see him home for once.