Chapter 15

I needed this, this break away from the toxic unhealthy lifestyle I was living with Carter. I couldn't be treated that way any longer. How am I the mother of his child yet he hurt me in more ways than I can imagine. I tried to wrap my mind around the fact that me and Carter no longer go together. It is hard when I'm sleeping alone in an condo by myself no one to hold me or tell me I'm beautiful. I still have these insecure thoughts that my body isn't where it's suppose to be. My main focus is my baby and me. I'm making sure of that.

I am currently 6 months into my pregnancy. Every day is starting to get a little more hectic for me. I tried tying my shoes the other day and literally began to cry because it wouldn't loop right. It seems stupid right? Blame the hormones that's making me this way. I've been out the house for two months now and I can't lie its gets lonely, but my friend Emmett comes by and checks on me as often as he can. I know your wondering whaaaat? Yeah me and Emmett have been talking for the last two months I can't tell you enough how amazing he is to me. Just thinking about him makes me smile and I haven't smiled like this since I was with Carter.

I sat back on my couch watching tv and looked up to see Emmett coming from the kitchen with strawberries for me and popcorn for him. I was trying to stay healthy for a few weeks so no junk foods. Emmett sat the popcorn on the table and put my legs on his lap so he could rub my feet.

"Oh my gosh thank you so much Emmett, my feet were killing me" I laughed

"You know I got you J no problem" He winked at me I could feel my cheeks turning red

"Listen I have a doctors appointment in a few hours. I don't want to see Carter but I'm doing this for my child" I told him while sighing

"Hey just be calm we don't need you going into any premature labor situations" He looked at me still rubbing my feet it was kind of making me sleepy

"Yeah I know...its just every time I see him now that's the first thing that will come to mind" Thinking of him hitting me or cheating on me made my heart shatter again all over the place

"Hey beautiful keep your head up ohkay? I gotta go but when you get back from the doctors let me know and we will have a movie night is that cool?" He looked at me while hovering over my body

"Ye-yeah that's fine" I looked at him as he got up and said one more last goodbye before closing the door behind him. I can't lie I was feeling him

I got up took a shower and dressed in a cute strapless dress that had moon patterns all over it. I saved myself the trouble and slipped into my flip flops. I made sure I had everything and drove to my Dr's appointment. It took no less than 20 minutes to get there and of course I saw Carter's car sitting there. I guess he was still in the car but I wanted to avoid conversation with him so I walked straight into the office.

"Hello I'm here for my 2'o clock appointment with Dr. Holly" I smiled

"Ah yes Ms. Mylen you can go right back to rm. 216 just go straight down the hall and the door is to your left" She smiled and turned back to her computer

"Thank you" I spoke and continue down the hallway as I saw the room to the left. I say my purse down in the chair next to the bed and waited for the doctor. A few minutes passed and I heard the door opening thinking it's the doctor but it was Carter. Honestly he looked like he had been hit by a bus, he grew his hair out a bit and now a scruffy beard. We made eye contact but I wasn't going to let that bother me. Carter went to open his mouth to say something to me but the doctor came in just in time!