Chapter 6

"I saw that you had that Miami Heats poster in your room." He smiles.

"Duh, they're the best team." I laugh.

"No actually the Lakers are, get that straight." He snarls.

"Psh, y'all had Dwight, Steve, and Kobe and still didn't win." I laugh. "Steve and Kobe just need to go ahead and retire."

"So? We still the best. Lebron can't touch Kobe." He argues.

"No he's not period, you guys suck." I smile, as he gets quiet. "But don't worry, L.A still has a good team."

"We do, we do."

"The Clippers!" I say sipping my smoothie.

"That's cold, you ain't have to go there." Ray chuckles.

I burst out laughing, as Ray sits there smirking .

"Aight that was good one, you got me." He smiles. "Let me get you home."

I grab my smoothie, and walk out the door with him. Ray was really cool and kind hearted. Los Angeles isn't that bad after all.

Ray

I couldn't do it, I couldn't turn a good night sour. She had so much fun today, I didn't wanna spoil it for her. I still wanna know about her bruises, but she'll probably tell me when she's ready. I pull up in her driveway and she hugs me before getting out.

"Thanks Ray today was really fun, I had a great time." She smiles.

"No problem, I'll hit you up later." I say.

"Okay." She says getting out.

I watch as she walks inside of the house, then pull out of her driveway. The sound of ringing interrupted my drive down the street, only to find out it was Alexis' phone. I made a sharp U-turn and headed back to the direction of her home.

After pulling up in the driveway, I turned my car off and grabbed her phone. Walking on the porch I stood in front of the door, bringing my fist to knock on it.

"Ray?" She says in a confused manner. I watch as she steps aside allowing me to come in, which I did. I follow her to the living room, watching as she plopped down on the couch.

"You left your phone in my car." I say handing it to her, taking a seat next to her.

"Thanks." She laughs as she takes the phone out of my grasp.

"In other news in Houston police have finally caught Anthony Simmons a local drug dealer wanted on several drug, robbery, and maybe rape charges." The anchorman says.

"Alexis you okay?" I say noticing her eyes go wide at the image of the guy plastered on the television. She didn't respond to my question, only staying focused on the news.

"Alexis, you good?" I asked in a concerned tone. I lay my hand on her shoulder, only to have her jump at my touch. "Are you okay?"

"Yea. I'm sorry I just zoned out a bit." She laughs. "Um, I'll call you tomorrow. Okay?"

"Yeah.. sure.. okay." I said breaking my gaze from her and standing to my feet. Walking out of the door.

Alexis

Anthony Simmons.

A name I had will forever burn in my memory. A name that will forever haunt me. A name that ruined me.

"Alexis sweety? Are you okay?" Andrea asked me as I walked up to my room in a daze.

"Yes ma'am, I'm just tired. I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight love you." I say shutting my room door, making sure to turn the lock behind me.

Flashes from that night started to pop in my head and I started to walk to my bathroom. I sank to floor beneath me right in front of the toilet, leaning myself over it. I stuck my fingers to the far back of my throat causing all of the contents I ate to flow into the toilet.

I pushed myself to stop once my stomach grew weak, and I shook uncontrollably. I propped myself against the tub, pulling my knees to my chest and cried.