Chapter 11

Ray

"Please tell me you didn't." Jacob said. I looked between him and Chresanto who was shaking his head.

A dumb expression covered my face, as Jacob looked disappointed. "That's straight up disrespectful Ray."

"Alexis needed me so I was there." I shrugged.

"Which we get, but Ray there was another girl in bed with you. That's bold to do, ol' girl could've woke up and busted you man." Chresanto spoke up. "I don't give a damn what you do, just don't waste her time because then Serena is going to come for me."

"Well I give a damn, she's obviously feeling you-" Jacob started.

"It was just casual sex, Alexis and I are not together. I have needs too." I said defending myself.

"Yea, but if she pulled the same thing you did, you'd be done with her." Jacob said grabbing his backpack as the bell rang.

"Yea, I don't care how you justify it. That wasn't right, some shit you just don't do." Chresanto sighed following Jacob.

I followed my boys into the lunch room. Alexis was seated at the end of table with her face planted into a book. I sat next to her and squeezed her side softly, earning myself a smile from her.

I felt myself being kicked and looked up to see Craig walking over with company, one of which being last night's conquest. Chresanto shook his head and continued to focus on Serena.

"Can we help y'all?" Jacob asked as he moved his hair from Kyla's friend wandering hands.

"We just came to say what's up, Jacob. Thought Ky, might want to say hi to her nigga." She smiled motioning to me.

"That's not my nigga, Trish." Kyla said shaking her head. "She came over here for you Jacob."

I glanced over at Alexis who focused her attention back on the book in front of her. "I think he's good Trish, move along." My head snapped to the new voice belonging to a girl named Monica. She sat next to Jacob and hugged his arm. Trish rolled her eyes and walked away, Kyla walked behind her sending me a sly wink.

"Hate that broad." Monica said rolling her eyes, and slapping fives. "I miss you Rena, now I see why you been avoiding me. And who's this?"

"That's Alexis, she's new." Serena answered. "No one's avoiding you, boo."

"She just got a boyfriend to entertain now." Chresanto smiled.

"Boy please."

"Enough about y'all, I want to talk about her." Monica said gesturing to Alexis who had by now closed her book and was focused on Monica. "Because you cute."

Alexis smiled which earned her praises from Monica. "Don't mind Monica, Alexis. She sees another pretty girl, and can't help herself." Serena laughed.

I was watching the girl's exchange, all while trying to hold Alexis' hand in mine underneath the table. She would move her hand away from mine at my advances throughout the whole lunch period.

-
"Thank you Mr. Todd, I'll get it done." Alexis said to her teacher as she walked out of his classroom. The bell had rang five minutes ago, and I was posted by her last class waiting for her. Speaking of last class, Serena hadn't let me slide as she spent our last period letting me know I wasn't shit and tossing paperback books at my head.

She saw me and walked towards me wearing a blank expression. "Why are you still here?"

"Why you do me like that in lunch today?" I shot back.

"Why do you think I'm a damn fool?" She countered.

"It's not even like that with Kyla."

"If it's not, you wouldn't be standing here defending yourself." She said peering up at me. I stood there dumbfounded as she shook her head. "I thought so, I've got too much going on and could care less. I'm glad you wasted my time before this got serious."

"Just let me explain."

"Why? We're not together, do what you want." She laughed.

"So what? We're not cool anymore?"

"Yea, we're friends. I still need you around to introduce me to food places." She smiled.

"Let me make it up to you then. Friday afternoon, me and you."

"Deal."

-

Alexis

I hovered over the toilet as tears streamed down my face from the repulsive action. I flushed the toilet and leaned myself against the tub, holding my stomach as the pain soared through it.

My heart was heavy, but my stomach was empty. My eyes stung as the tears I'd been holding in poured out. I wailed as loud as I wanted in the empty house.

The thoughts of loneliness crept into mind, and I was sure my life would be filled with it. Hell was home for me, and I wasn't granted happiness. I deserved everything happening to me. These thoughts destroyed my mind as I slowly destroyed myself.

-

A cold shower later, I was in my bed staring off into space. Andrea had crept into my room to check on me, she offered a hug which I gladly took. My heart said cry, but I think I had cried myself out earlier.

My phone began to vibrate in my hand and tapped the green icon without a glance. "Hello." My throat was dry and voice sounded horse when I spoke.

"Can I speak to Alexis?" I quickly sat up to the recognizable voice on the phone. Tears began to well in my eyes, and soon they were pouring down my face.

"This is her." I choked out between tears. I was sobbing at this point, the tears wouldn't stop.

I felt like a breath of fresh air had been placed into me. I forgot about the bad day I was having and craved to hug the person on the phone.