Chapter 16

Ross’s POV

I woke up and my head hurt like heck. I looked around wondering if something had woken me up. That’s when I noticed the screaming lady pointing at me. Why was she screaming? Well I guess it’s kinda creepy to find a kid laying unconscious by a door that’s nowhere near close to the front of the building.

“No, it’s ok! I just tripped, trying to find the bathroom and I hit my head and passed out.” I lied.

She didn’t say anything she just kept screaming and ran back towards the lobby. Well crap. I stood up and walked to the nearest restroom. I washed my face, and my hands. Then I wondered where Rydel and Riker were. But first I wanted to go check on Ratliff. I walked around and FINALLY found a freakin nurse!!

“Hi, I was, uhh, wondering what room Ellington Ratliff is in?” I asked.

“He’s in room 728. Do you want help finding it?” She sad/asked.

“Um, sure.” I said.

She led me down A LOT  of hallways, with A LOT of turns.

“Um, how much farther?” I asked.

“Only a few more turns, I promise.” She answered.

And, as promised it was only a few more turns until we got to room 728. She opened the door and let me in.

“If you need anything I will be right out here, ok?” She said/asked.

“Ok.” I replied.

She left, closing the door behind her. I turned and saw that the bed was empty. I looked around the entire room.

“Ratliff?” I asked.

Nothing.

I went over o the closet, and opened it, wondering if he had for some reason been in there. Nope. I went back over to the door and peeked my head out.

“Um, he isn’t in here.” I said.

“What?” She said.

“Ellington isn’t anywhere in the room.” I said.

“Oh no.” She said, pushing past me into the room.

She looked around frantically.

“Is that a bad thing?” I asked.

“Ellington was in critical condition. If he isn’t found and hooked back up in the next 10 minutes, he will die.” She said.

My heart skipped a beat. God, luck is just not on our side today.

I ran out of the room and thought where he could be. I thought maybe the bathroom. But I had just been in there, so he couldn’t be there. I thought of other places. He could be walking around, but if he was wouldn’t the nurses know he had to be hooked up?

Then I had an idea.

Rydel.

Maybe he had a dream about her and woke up and wanted to find her so in his state of illness he disconnected himself and walked out of the building. That means I need to find Rydel!

I ran out of the hospital and looked both ways, to see if she had taken a walk and Ratliff had joined her but she didn’t know he was in critical condition. I didn’t see her or him. I went back to where me and Riker had found her and Vanessa earlier. Nothing there either. I walked down the street to try and find anyone literally anyone who might have seen Ratliff.

I passed a building that had a lot of noise coming from  it. Hm. Sounds like fighting. I kept walking. Then I thought over what I had just thought, if that makes any sense to you. I stopped and walked backward to the door. The fighting noises had stopped but I heard one thing.

“Ell.” Someone, who I’m guessing was Rydel, gasped. She sounded like she was out of breath. I put my hand on the door, but hesitated.

Then I pushed open the door.

I saw Rydel.

In Ratliff’s arms.

Kissing him.

Oh my god.

Rydellington.

I hate it.

Got off of her you dumbo!

“Rydel?” I asked. She pulled away and saw me.

 Rydel’s POV

I pulled away and saw Ross standing there. He looked horrified.

“Ross I-“ I was cut off.

“What are you doing to my big sis?” He yelled.

He ran towards us, but right before he could do anything Riker stopped him.

“Dude, calm down. They’ve kissed before. I don’t mind! I’ve actually been WAITING for this to happen for A LONG TIME.” He said looking back at us.

“And anyway, why are you so mad?” He asked.

“Because he’s kissing my big sis! But, I don’t think it’s the worst thing to worry about at the moment.” He said.

My stomach did a flip-flop.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Ratliff is in critical condition. If he doesn’t get hooked back up in the next-“ He looked down at his phone. “-5 minutes, he’ll, uh, die.” He said.

My heart stopped.

Literally.

I couldn’t feel it beating.

I instantly stood up and grabbed Ell’s arm.

“We need to get you back.” We started walking out.

Ross walked ahead. Riker in the middle and me and Ell here in the back.

“Ross wait!” I yelled.

He didn’t wait he just kept walking. I let go of Ell’s arm and ran ahead to Ross.

“Ross, I’m sorry I was kissing Ell, but you have to understand that not all of us want to stay lonely forever.” I said partly joking.

“Hey! I’m not gonna be alone forever! Have you seen my face! I’m irresistible!” He said.

“Yeah, sure.” I laughed.

“Uh, Rydel!!” I heard Riker yell.

I looked behind me, smiling.

“Yeah-“ My smile dropped.

“Ell!”

A/N Here’s chapter 16!!!! Another cliff-hanger!!! I changed what I was doing for this chapter, I was originally going to have it where Zac found them kissing and got really mad even though they weren’t together anymore!! But it was Ross instead!! Comment and Vote!!!! #R5Family4ever!!!!!!!!!!