Chapter 11

Rydel’s POV

“H-he’s what?” I said.

“He’s dead. I’m so sorry for your loss.” She said.

“I’m sorry!?!?!? It’s gonna take more than that to cheer me up!!!!!!!” I yelled.

“Rydel. Calm down.” Riker said.

“No!! Ell is dead!! I WON’T BE CALM!!!!!!!!!” I yelled.

“You can go see him if you like.” The nurse said. I ran to the double doors and than stopped.

“Umm… What room?” I asked.

“Room 214.” She replied. I ran to through the doors and down the hall.

There was a sign that said, rooms 173-219. I turned and ran down that hall. Than there was another sign that said, rooms 212-321. I turned again and ran down that hall. Than there was ANOTHER sign that said, rooms 213-339. So I turned AGAIN and ran all the way to the freaking end of the hall and saw the room marked, room 214.

I stopped in front of it and grabbed the handle. I was about to turn it, but… I-I just couldn’t I put my back against the door and slid down it, and just sat there thinking. I didn’t even get to say goodbye. I put my head in my hands and started crying.

When I finally stopped crying I stood back up and put my hand on the knob and turned. I stepped into the room and closed the door.

I took one step toward the bed. Than another and another and another, until I was standing right next to the bed. I couldn’t look. But I did. Right as I saw his lifeless face, I fell on my knees and cried. I cried right next to his bed.

So it’s true. He’s really dead. No… NO!! I stood up shakily and sat down on the edge of his bed.

“Ell. I-I’m sorry it had to end like this. I’m sorry I didn’t get to say goodbye. And I’m sorry I ran into the street an-“ I stopped.

Wait. I had ran into the street. And it was because of that, he had gotten hit by the car. It’s all my fault. He’s dead because of me… NO!! Mind don’t think like that. It wasn’t my fault. It wasn’t anyone’s fault. It was just an accident, that’s all.

“-And got you hit. I know it wasn’t my fault. It wasn’t anyone’s fault it was just an accident. That’s all. An accident. And I’m sorry that I was never able to tell you that… That… That… T-that… I love you Ellington Lee Ratliff.” I said. I held back my tears. I leaned down and kissed him.

I then walked over to the door walked out closed it and started running to where I knew Riker was. And I didn’t look back.

I ran to Riker and hugged him crying so hard into his shirt he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight. We just stood there hugging in the middle of the hospital lobby. He guided me over to a cushioned chair and sat down, still hugging my. I guess I had fallen asleep, cause I woke up with Riker standing over me shaking my shoulders.

“What?” I groaned.

“Rydel. H-he’s alive. R-Ratliff Is alive.” He said.

 A/N Yup… I just did… I did ‘the thing’… The amazingly sad ‘thing’!!!! Comment and Vote!!!!!! #R5Family4ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!