Chapter 10

Rydel’s POV

“Why??? He’s your friend!! And if not your friend, he’s still mine!!!!” I yelled.

“Well. I don’t care if your friends with him. I’m not friends with him. Therefore I will NOT give away my blood to him.” Zac replied.

“I-I can’t believe you!” I yelled.

“I’m sorry sweetie! I just don’t want to give away my blood to people!” He said.

“Oh! You don’t ‘sweetie’ me!! And you wouldn’t give your blood to somebody even if they only have LESS than an hour left to live!!!” I yelled.

“What??? You NEVER said he was dying!!!” He yelled.

“Well I’m sorry!! I didn’t know you only gave away your blood to people that are DYING!!!!!!!!” I yelled.

“Well, I don’t know!! I guess so!!” He yelled.

“You are… Just…. UGH!!!! JUST GET IN THE CAR!!!” I yelled.

“FINE!!!!” He yelled.

We got in the car and I made Rocky get in the back so I didn’t have to sit next to the awful and terribly annoying Zac. God, what is his freaking problem!!!! He’s so messed up!!!!  Ugh…

“Ummm…. Soooo, Zac. How are you…?” Riker asked.

Good…” He said with his teeth clenched.

“And how was your talk?” He asked us.

It was fine…” We both said. We glared at each other in the mirror.

“Is everything alright between you two? You seem a little tense?” He asked.

“I’M FINE RIKER!!!!” I yelled.

“Oh… Well, sorry.” He said.

“Riker, I…“ I tried to say.

“I said sorry.” He interrupted.

We drove the rest of the way in silence. When we finally got there, I, again, was the first one to got out of the car. I opened the back door and yanked Zac out of the car and ran inside. I ran to the front desk and said.

“I am Rydel Lynch, here for Ellington Ratliff. This is Zac and I think he can help Ellington with his blood problem.” I said.

“Ok.” Was all the lady said before taking Zac trough the double doors and out of sight.

I sat down next to Riker. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me. We all sat in silence for a little while. Then finally Riker broke the silence.

“Umm… By the way. How the heck did you know Zac’s blood type?!?” He asked.

“Oh. A few years ago at school we had to do this blood test thing and he showed me his results.” I replied.

“Ah!! That makes a lot of sense!!” He said. I giggled.

“He’ll make it.” Riker whispered in my ear.

“How are you so sure?” I asked.

“Cause I have hope. Which is what you need to have.” He said.

“How are you so confident? And calm, and brave? All the time.” I asked.

“I just try and think… Know everything is going to be alright.” He replied.

“You are always confident, calm and brave! What’s changed?” He asked.

“Ell is in the hospital cause he got hit by a car and he might not make it and I’m afraid that when I wake up in the morning he’s not going to be here anymore and I’m afraid that I’ll lose him without even saying goodbye.” I said.

“Tha-“ Riker tried to say. But right then Zac came running out the double doors and ran outside. I got up and ran to him.

“Zac! What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I’m taking the bus home.” He replied.

“That didn’t answer my question! Zac. What’s wrong?” I asked again.

“See you later. “ He said kissing me on the cheek before running to the bus and getting on right before it sped away.

I ran back inside and then the nurse came walking out. I ran to her.

“How is he? Can I see him? Is he awake?” I asked.

“Ma’am. I, um, don’t know how to say this but… Ellington Ratliff is dead.”

A/N My hands are literally shaking right now… I’m so sorry!! Don’t worry!! It WILL get better!! Comment and Vote!! #R5Family4ever!!!!!