Chapter Eleven: The Fault in Our Kiss

I didn't know what held me back from screaming at Quinton and Selene the next few days.

Maybe it was the fact I didn't want to ruin the night I had been looking forward to all week: Movie Night. I didn't want to spoil the fun night with bombarding the two with questions and possibly ruining my friendship with Quinton.

Throughout the rest of the school week, I kept it cool, not telling anyone - not even Chat or Alya. I kept talking to Quinton, making sure not to mess up and blurt something out. I also kept doing what I do in any normal day, even though I knew Selene's cork-board had probably filled up with pictures of me.

The thought sent a cold shiver down my spine.

~~

It was Friday afternoon, and I had just gotten back from school.

I had some homework to do, but I knew I had the whole weekend and I needed time and space to think about Movie Night. I was going to bring my PJs and change there, because Quinton had texted me to remind myself he was making dinner.

I already knew what to wear as PJs. I had a Cat Onesie somewhere buried in my closet, and I thought it would be a nice thing to wear as we were eating popcorn on the couch.

I fished through my closet, finding items of clothing I hadn't worn in months. I also found some of my unfinished designs of clothing, even the one with the new thread Chat had left me that one night. I tossed them all aside until I found it.

It was under all of my silly outfits. It was just a plain black-cat style, with ears attached to the hoodie. It covered all of my body, wrapping around my feet like little paws. When I saw it, it reminded me of Chat Noir - even though I'd gotten it before I became Ladybug.

Tikki sat lying on my desk, watching me fold up the Onesie. "What?" I asked her when she was staring at me. She was munching on another cookie.

"Oh, nothing," she replied in her squeaky high voice. "I was just thinking of how similar to Chat's costume that looked."

She motioned to the Onesie, and I rethought my decision. "Should I wear this? I mean, I don't want him to think I'm a crazy Chat Noir fan!"

"I think it's cute," replied Tikki, smiling and then biting into the cookie. "Wear it."

I nodded and threw it into the bag I was taking to Movie Night. So far, I had packed the Onesie and Uno, just incase the movie got boring. I also packed packets of popcorn, just incase we ran out. Before I knew it, it was time to go.

I walked out with my bag, and locked the door behind me. I decided to bring Tikki, just because I knew she could be let free when Quinton was around.

I decided I would walk over, and enjoy the night as the sun dipped behind the Eiffel Tower. People were still out, and I realized this was the most popular time for couples to go out. The mood was just right, and people were laughing and holding hands, occasionally pecking each other on the lips.

I blushed at the thought of me going over to a boy's house, that I liked, at this time of day.

When I finally arrived to his part of town, I lolled outside of his house for a little while. I remembered him saying he would make dinner that night, and I could smell something nice wafting from the house. Somehow, the smell gave me courage.

I looked at my outfit, jeans and a red long-sleeve shirt that only went down to the top of my jeans. If I lifted my arms, my bellybutton and stomach would be exposed. I thought I looked nice, even though I wasn't wearing any makeup.

I knocked on his door shakily, making a little jingle. He answered almost instantly, a large smile plastered across his handsome face. His freckles across his nose spread, swimming on his face. He was wearing an apron, and I giggled.