Chapter Seven: The Party {Part Two}

My hand brushed over Quinton's bookshelf, my eyes filled with awe as I saw how many books he had.

"I'm guessing you're a bookworm?" I asked. I turned my head to look at him, and I saw a tiny smirk on his face. I blushed and looked at at the bookshelf. I gasped in shock and pulled out a book, looking at it with wonder.

"Quinton..." I smirked, and turned the cover of the book toward him. "I had no idea you were a Phanboy!" He blushed, and I started flipping through The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire. "I think I just fell in love with you," I teased.

"Already?" he asked playfully. I heard him stand up from his bed and walk over, behind me. "Damn I'm good!"

I giggled so hard I clutched my stomach. "And I'll take that Miss Howlter," he said, snatching the book from out of my hand and placing it on the shelf. I covered my smile with my hand, but it was obvious I was still giggling.

"Come on you!" exclaimed Quinton, picking my up and slinging me over his shoulder. I giggled, my hair swinging back and forth while he carried me. "Jeez, you're light."

"I'll take that as a compliment," I replied. He flung me over his shoulder and onto his bed. I landed softly, and then started giggling again. I was on air, and I had absolutely no idea why. "Plus, if you already didn't know, I'm a huge bookworm myself."

"Oh really?" asked Quinton, sitting down next to me on his bed. "What's your favorite book?"

I pulled my feet up to his bed, criss-crossing them. "Hum...I've read so many it's hard to think! But I'll probably have to say The Girl With The Wrong Name."

"Interesting," said Quinton stroking his chin. "I know this is mainly a girl book, but I love The Fault In Our Stars. Let's just say after I read it, I needed tissues and ice cream."

I doubled over laughing. "I love that book too! And I'm with you on the tissues and ice cream." I laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling and then at Quinton. He had lay down next to me, but about a foot away, propping himself up with his elbow. "I never thought of you as the sappy type."

He put his hands up, as if surrendering. "Guilty as charged."

I giggled as he gasped, and I guessed an idea had just popped in his mind. "Mari," he said slowly. "We have to do a movie night at my place! Let's say...The movie version of The Fault In Our Stars?"

I smiled, showing my dimples. "Deal, Sappy Sam."

*Adrien's POV*

I moved my cup back and forth, the punch slurring around in circles.

Marinette had disappeared somewhere with Quinton, but I had no idea where or why. I was hanging out with Nino and Alya, who were laughing over something. I didn't know what, I wasn't paying attention - too focused on Quinton and Marinette.

I was angry at Quinton, or was it mainly jealously? I sighed, but no one heard it over the loud music playing. I began to think that that carnival was the turn-around-day of both me and Marinette's life.

Ever since that day, I've began to have slight feelings for little Mari. Of course I loved Ladybug, after all, she was M'Lady. But something changed that day, when I laughed and played carnival games with Marinette.

She was so cute, her hair shining in the moonlight, making it look pitch black. Her eyes glimmered like tiny stars in pools, and thinking of her made me blush. I took a sip from my cup, hoping it disguised my cheeks.

And I also had that Falcon guy in the way with Ladybug. I had a feeling I would now hate working with him. When Ladybug had worked so casually with him, it felt like he was already part of the team. I knew more Miraculous were out there, but maybe not someone so attractive for a change?