Chapter Six: The Party {Part One}

Outfits lay out on my bed, spread into piles of pants, shirts, and dresses.

Saturday had flown by, and anxiety grew in my stomach when I realized I would be at Quinton's house in a matter of hours. Alya was feeling better, and not sick now, so she was coming to the party. I had asked her to come around at four-thirty to help me change.

I had also sent out a text to Adrien to see if he was coming, and he hadn't replied yet, so I wasn't sure. I hoped he would come, but at the same time didn't. If that made any sense.

I had taken a shower, and had just underwear and a bra on. I wasn't bothered with Alya seeing me that way, because we had to judge each-other's outfits all the time. So when the doorbell rang, I just went down my ladder and to the front door.

I opened the door, knowing my neighbors wouldn't look because I had no neighbors. But as soon as I opened the door, I instantly regretted my decision. If I ever looked back at this moment, I know I will pinch the bridge of my nose, cringing.

Right outside my door was Adrien Agreste.

For a moment I just stood there, looking like a idiot. When he noticed I was just wearing my undergarments, he flushed a bright red. Normally, I would have loved seeing his little blush, but right now was not the time.

"I-I-uh..." I stuttered, and to make things worse, I slammed the door and rushed upstairs. Throwing on some random shorts and tank-top, my mind kept replaying the moment over and over. Every time it was replayed, it got worse.

I almost didn't go back down, but I pushed through and opened the door again. "Um...hi?"

He smiled, clearly happy I hadn't abandoned him completely. Or was it that this time I was wearing proper cloths? Either way, I loved it when he smiled.

"Uh...Hi!" He replied, a huge gin plastered over his face. "Alya told me that you needed a ride to Quinton's party. Sorry for not texting you before I arrived." He blushed again and then recovered quickly.

Alya, you sneaky little...

"Oh, no no! It's totally fine," I replied, my voice cracking a little. "Come on in. I just need to get dressed still."

As he walked in and I closed the door behind him, he said, "I can help you choose something if you like."

I froze. Did Adrien Agreste really just ask to help me pick an outfit?!

"Oh, um..." I unfroze and turned to him, smiling. "That would be great, thanks."

~~

"What about this?" Adrien asked pointing to back pants and a blue shirt.

"Adrien. For the son of a fashion designer, you are horrible at choosing cloths," I teased him playfully. He blushed and I giggled, kicking my legs back and forth on my desk chair.

From this angle, I was able to see Tikki behind my computer - and blocking her view from Adrien. She was sleeping, usually what she does when I just hang out at home. I also forgot to take down my Adrien pictures, too rushed with the whole cloths dilemma. I just had to hope he didn't look at my work station.

Luckily, he was too busy "helping" me pick out an outfit. He was wearing a T-shirt that had a picture of a suit's top; it even included a fake tie. He wore black pants, making a casual/formal type of attire. He looked so handsome that night that I just wanted to stare at his blushing face all day.

"Okay..." he continued, looking at the rest of the clothing I had lay out. "What about this?"

This time he pointed to a white tank-top with a flow-y blue cardigan. He then pointed to pair of faded light blue jeans and blue Converse. I loved the look, and almost kissed Adrien on the cheek for picking it out.