Nightmares

((Motherbrothers, I feel bad here because I lied to all of you. *Le sob.* Okay so I told you in the last chapter that the next chapter (this chapter) would be Duke and Dave's date. I decided to make that a bonus chapter because, believe it or not, it was incredibly boring to write and is still in progress. So I'm putting that off because I have plans for that chapter already. I also found out that Thief of Life is Meenah's title so now Danni is the Heir of Life. Not as active as I wanted. So please enjoy and don't hate me.))

VD: You don't have to do it you know.

KC: Yes I do.

KC: For the team.

kickingCageass [KC] has ceased pestering verbalDiarrhea [VD].

I held a sliver kunai in my hand. It was already covered in coats of dried blood. I looked up at the jade green slab of stone in front of me. The pale green symbol for mind was in the centre of the rock. I stepped upon to the rock bed, looking down at my blood stained converse. My pant leg was missing from my knee down, a large gash in my leg. I took a good look around. This would be the last time I saw my planet, the Land of Candy and Oceans, as a normal human. When I woke, I would be a god.

I took the novelty blade in both hands. I took a deep breath. I touched the tip of the blade to my chest. A single tear slid down my cheek and I pushed the blade in completely. A piercing scream rang through the air, and it took me a moment to realize it was mine. My body went limp and my vision blurred. I hit the stone, the knife still in my chest, my blood coating the rock. So this what it's like to die.

I woke with a start, my throat raw, my friends and sister surrounding me. My face was wet, as was my pillow and pants.

"Ceana?" Merna questioned, pressing the back of her hand to my forehead. "Are you alright? You were screaming like you were dying." I shuddered and climbed out of bed. A visible yellow puddle was soaked into the sheets and mattress of my bed.

"Just a nightmare," I told them and then immediately locked myself in the bathroom.

"I knew this was coming," I heard Julie say from the other side of the door. "She dreamt of her death. I did as well, as will you guys." It baffled me. I knew a real seer.

I changed out of my pants and underwear, slipping on my emergency spares. I grabbed a can of aerosol and left the bathroom. I sprayed the air and the scent of peppermint filled the air. The smell usually comforted me. But this time, an image of LOCAO flashed in my head and I felt sick to my stomach. I dropped the can and made a dash for the toilet. I puked, feeling my hair pulled away from my shoulder.

"It's alright," Julie spoke softly. "I know it's scary."

Duke had left by the time I exited the bathroom. He had a date to prepare for. Merna had also left the room, which left Danni alone, scrubbing my piss out of the mattress. Someone had lit a few ocean fresh candles to mask the smell of peppermint, which actually probably made it worse.

"Eh, Danni, leave it be, I'll clean it," I told her, taking the towel from her hands. I had something important on my mind. "Julie, tell me, was my dream real? Do I really commit suicide on my quest bed? To become the 'blank' of Mind?"

"That's not something I'm going to reveal. You'll have to figure out for yourself. And don't forget, the sburb download is only a virus." Right, the beta. I made my way to my laptop.

25% of sburb_beta_setup completed. 30 hours and 45 minutes remaining.

I sighed. I had a feeling that that really wasn't a virus. The Seer of Space is god tier title. I dreamt of my heroic death on my planet. I couldn't fight the nagging feeling that this was meant to be. That we're meant to play this game. All meant to create a new universe. All meant to die and rise up and become gods.

"She's smarter than I thought," Julie said. "I think she's catching on."

I gaped at her. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean; 'smarter than I thought'?!" I demanded, turning around from my computer desk to face her.

"Wha- I didn't say anything. I thought that. Did you just read my mind?"

I'm losing it. I'm fucking losing-

The image of my quest bed flashed in my mind. A large green slab of stone, worn and wet from the salty ocean always hitting it. The mind symbol was etched into the middle with precise detail.

"Mind. I'm a mind player. I read your fucking mind! Holy shit this is insane. Okay the game is real and we're going to play it. We're going to play this game. We're going to die. And then come back to life. This is impossi-" Ping!

I turned back around to find a new message on my pesterchum.

littleGirllight [LG] has begun mischieving kickingCageass [KC].

LG: looooks like yoou'vee beegun too figuree things oout.

LG: it's aboout time.

KC: Oh, it's you again.

KC: What the fuck do you want?

LG: Failuree!

LG: Deeath!

KC: Uhhh..?

LG: I'm waiting foor yoou too diee!

LG: Heehee byee! >:D

littleGirllight [LG] has ceased michieving kickingCageass [KC].

"She's been pestering you too?" Julie asked, looking at the messages over my shoulder. "I've been searching for her in space but she's nowhere to be found. I suspect she's a troll or a cherub or something. Her brother is messaging Duke, so he tells me."

"I got a message from the guy with the annoying quirks," Danni said, now beside Julie. "It seems like he's just an asshole who speaks for his sister. To be honest, he's really not that bad."

"Lucky you," I said. "This chick's a creep. She's always talking about death."

I closed down the page and I could've sworn my heart skipped a beat.

80% of sburb_beta_setup completed. 3 hours and 20 minutes remaining.