Paralysis

((Okay so I'm not even sure if anyone reads these, but I'll write something anyway. So , I have sort of an ironic habit. You're probably thinking 'you dumbass, there's no such thing as an ironic habit.' Well, there is, and I have one. I have a habit of not writing linear. So what I mean is, I write all over the place, all over the story's timeline if you will. This is why I bail on most of my fics. But anyway, I'm not going bail on this one and write linear (too late.). So, on with the story!))

Duke couldn't move. Anyone with eyes could see that. I guessed that the two reasons were 1) holy shit, that's Dave Strider and 2) he just said boyfriend. If this were a cartoon, you would undoubtedly see Duke's heart shatter into a million little pieces.

"I said, the fuck you talkin' 'bout my boyfriend for?" he repeated. I decided that since Duke would never be able to to talk, I would step in. But I guess Danni beat me to it. She smirked as she pushed her glasses onto the bridge of her nose.

"Why, Dave," she said, stepping closer to him. "You are smelling as cool as ever." Dave raised an eyebrow, which was barely visible over his glasses. Danni leaned forward, licking his cheek. "And taste just as cool!"

I tried so hard to hold back laughter. I tried my best. I had to sit down and look away to fight it off. Though she was usually known as one full of sadness and hurt, she always took any opportunity to role play. Every single one.

"What the hell are you doing?" Dave asked, watching her. "Do I even know you?" And then I burst into laughter, my face on the table, tears rolling down my cheeks.

Danni stepped back and looked at him in mock hurt. "I am offended, cool kid. How can you not even remember your good friend Terezi? You have hurt me." And with that, she sat down next to me. When I finally regained my composure I took off my headband and set it on the table.

"Sorry about her...she's...well, she's Danni. I'm Ceana, are you new here?" I don't even know why I asked considering I already knew the answer.

"Yeah, there are a bunch of us here that are new."

"Oh, that's pretty-" I was interrupted once again by a knocking at the window. I looked over at the window and saw my other best friend, Julie James. She was the only one of us who cosplayed the Betas to school. She usually cosplayed Jade, just as she had done today. "Excuse me." I walked over to the window for her, like I did almost every day. She climbed in and hugged me from behind. 

She released me and walked around so she was in front of me. Julie poked my boobs a few times, earning me a strange look from Dave. "Lace under the binder. Nice choice."

Julie was the last one we made friends with. This was because she came to school part way through the year. When I'd met her she didn't say much. When she did, it was in a quiet monotone voice. She opened up somewhat to me, but I still know very little. She had naturally black hair and green eyes, making cosplaying Jade easy. She was usually late getting to the lunch room so she had to come in through the window. The issue I had with Julie was that she was kind of a perv and like to touch my boobs. I slapped her hand. "Bad," I said. "Now sit your ass down."

Julie rolled her eyes. "I can't help that I ship JadeKat," she said, sitting beside a still frozen Duke. I walked back over to Dave.

"Sorry, as I was saying, that's pretty cool. If you guys need anyone to show you around, the four of us would be a great welcoming committee. Sorry, that's Julie and Duke."

Dave opened his mouth to say something and then closed it. "Why are you dressed like Karkat?" He asked, pinching the bridge of his nose. "And if it's some fucked up reason, then I don't even want to know."

Danni stood up. "Cool kid," she started. "Lemme' tell you about Homest-." I clamped my hand firmly over her mouth.

"Danni, don't. Sit your ass down, and be quiet."

I swore on my life these next words would never come out of my mouth. But, Duke was frozen and he was the one who would flip his shit the most. So, knowing I would regret it, I let those 7 evil words come from my mouth, leaving a bad taste in their wake.

"Well, you see, Dave, we're just groupies."

((Oh my god why did I do that? *facepalm.* I don't even know. So, I'm going to try and introduce the trolls in the next chapter and if not that one, then the next one. Wow, the next chapter is rolling through my head and I'm laughing about it. Better get writing. Can I just make one little request? Can you comment as much as possible? With actual feedback and/or suggestions for future chapters. Just so I know you're reading. Thanks! Love ya!))