Chapter 1

Callie woke up to her step-mom, Lena telling her to get up. " Callie time to get up", Lena said while shaking Callie lightly. Callie shook her head and moaned," Five more minutes." Lena chuckled and replied," Sorry but you need to get up if you don't want to walk to school today." Callie then rolled herself out of bed and went to go take a shower. About 20 minutes later Callie went into the kitchen and sat down to eat her breakfast. Her biological mom, Stef came down and gave her a kiss on the head and said," Morning Cal." Callie nodded and smiled while answering with," Morning." Jesus came into the kitchen on his skateboard while grabbing a piece of toast. " Jesus how many times do we have to tell you, no riding your skateboard in the house," Lena said while shaking her head. Jesus hopped off of his skateboard and said," Sorry Mama." Mariana came down and said," Okay let's go I don't want to be late." " You took the longest", Callie pointed out. Lena clapped her hands and said," Okay well let's just get going before you guys have to walk." With that the kids all piled into Lena's car. At school Callie was by her locker when she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her and whisper in her ear," Hey." Callie smiled and turned around to give her boyfriend, Wyatt a kiss. When she pulled away she smiled again and said,"  Hey." Wyatt smiled back and said," So I was thinking, since my mom is going to be out of town for a little while maybe you could come over?" Callie smiled and nodded her head and responded," I would love to." Wyatt grabbed Callie's hand as the two walked around school together. Meanwhile Lena had Just received a call from Bill about a kid that he needed her to take in. When she arrived she saw him waiting for her outside of a juvenile detention center. Before she approached him she saw a tall, dark haired teenage boy walk out. He had a cut on his face and he looked a bit intimidating but at the same time scared. When she walked up to the two Bill said," Brandon this is Lena, hopefully you will be staying with her for a little while." Lena smiled at him then said," Bill can I um talk to you for a minute." Bill nodded his head and the two walked a few feet away from Brandon. " Bill I don't really have room for another kid. Plus you know how me and Stef feel about having violent kids in our house", Lena said while looking over at Brandon one more time. Bill sighed and said," Look he isn't dangerous or anything, look the kids beat him up in there and I am afraid to send him to another juvenile detention center." Lena sighed and said," Okay but only for a little while." Bill nodded and said," Thank you Lena." With that they both walked over to Brandon and Bill said," Okay Brandon for now you will be staying with Lena for a little while." Brandon nodded and said," What about Jude?" Bill looked down and then back at Brandon and replied," We are doing everything we can." Brandon didn't reply because he didn't want to loose his temper or cry in that matter in front of a person he just met. When Brandon and Lena got home Lena said," Okay Brandon I am going to go start dinner and the others will be home in a little bit." Brandon nodded then went and sat down at the table not saying anything at all. About 40 minutes later Mariana walked in and then was followed by Jesus. Mariana was the first to notice the new person and immediately stated," Uh hello?" Brandon didn't show any facial expression and all he did was mutter ,". Hi." Lena answered the question that the twins where both wondering," Mariana, Jesus this is Brandon." Mariana nodded along with Jesus. Lena wanted to inform Brandon on their family so she told him," Brandon both Mariana and Jesus where adopted by me and my partner a few years ago." Brandon personally didn't really care all he muttered was," Cool." Brandon pushed his chair back and asked," Uh where's your bathroom?" Lena pointed towers the bathroom and replied," Right over there." Brandon nodded and went towards the bathroom. When he entered he looked at himself in the mirror and instantly hated what he saw. What he saw was a beaten up weak version of himself that he didn't recognize. He was so frustrated and mad that he couldn't look at himself anymore. When he sat back down he noticed a new girl sitting in the seat next to him. She had brown hair and brown eyes and he thought she was beautiful and he wanted to know more about her. Callie noticed the new boy and wondered who he was but she didn't know why he seemed so interesting at the moment. Callie looked at Lena and asked," Who's this?" Lena answered with," This is Brandon he will be staying with us for the time being." Callie smiled and said," Okay, hi I'm Callie." Brandon gave her a warm smile. Soon enough Stef walked in and gave Lena a kiss on the cheek and asked," Lena who is this?" " This is Brandon. Bill called and asked if we could take him in for a little while", Lena answered while Stef looked over at Brandon. Stef nodded her head and said," Well Brandon my name is Stef." Brandon nodded his head and then looked down at his plate. Later that night Brandon was laying on the couch until there was another bed brought to the house. He couldn't sleep because he was too worried about Jude. He was startled a bit when he heard light footsteps coming into the kitchen but he calmed down when he saw that it was only Callie. Callie noticed Brandon was still awake and she whispered," Sorry, did I wake you?" Brandon shook his head and answered," No I couldn't sleep." Callie nodded then walked over the the living room and asked," How come?" " It's my little brother", Brandon replied with a sigh. Callie nodded and sat down next to him and asked," Is he okay?" Brandon shook his head," I don't think so, he is still in our previous foster home and my old foster father is very abusive." Callie felt bad for what Brandon probably had to go through in his life. " I'm sorry but maybe my moms can get him out of there", Callie said trying to help. Brandon shook his head," I don't think so." Callie sighed and said," Well if you ever need someone to talk to or need any help I am here." Brandon smiled and said," Thanks." Callie smiled back and put her hand on his leg and said," Anytime."  Brandon was a bit shocked by her touch but he relaxed and soon found it comforting. Brandon sighed and said," I should try to get some sleep." Callie nodded and then went back to her room. Brandon felt a bit better now that he talked to someone about himself but in the back of his head he worried for Jude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Hey so I am working on this new fanfiction. And I want to know what you guys think so please comment and I hope you guys like what I come up with.
- Em💖