Chapter 21

(A/N: First off, I just wanted to say that I can't write on the app because it keeps saying I can't download stories, not even my stories (???) so I wrote this on my laptop. I don't like that because when I write here, it usually messes up like the paragraphs, I don't know how to explain it. Anyway, I just wanted to apologize in advance in case you see the structure of this chapter a bit weird. I'll try to check if it is okay as soon as I can use the app again and I will fix it if it is wrong. Hope you like it, I feel like I'm slowly improving my writing ^-^)

It was only 6AM, which meant visits weren't allowed yet, but I didn't care. I just wanted to make sure that Gerard was safe.

I took a quick shower to clean all the sweat and fear off my body, but this damn feeling of uncertainty wouldn't stop until I saw Gerard right in front of me. I didn't bother eating anything, I just got dressed, ran downstairs and took a taxi. The way to prison had never felt so long. Every minute that passed, I felt more sick. When we were there, I practically threw the money to the driver and stormed out of the cab.

There I was, once again, standing in front of the gates of hell. I took a deep breath and walked inside.

"Excuse me, sir. No visits allowed until 12." An officer stopped me.

"I'm not... I just wanted to make sure Gerard is fine..."

"Sorry?"

"Could you please check if Gerard Way is okay and then I'll leave? I promise."

"Gerard Way?" He raised his eyebrows. I gulped. "It does ring a bell..." I started to feel dizzy and lose vision again.

"Mark, isn't Gerard Way the guy from last night?" He asked someone who was in another office. What did he mean by the guy from last night? What happened last night? Did I really want to know? Was I really ready to know?

"I think so, wait a minute, I'm going to check" I heard from the other room.

"Are you okay, sir? You're pale."The first officer asked me.

"I'm not-"

"Yeah, it was Way." Mark informed.

"Is he safe, then?" I almost whispered, scared of hearing the truth.

"Well, I can't really know that but," oh, shit, oh, shit, "I guess he must be better out than here." What.

"Excuse me? What do you mean?" I asked, now a bit more calmed.

"He was set free last night." He laughed. I don't know what was so funny, I had spent what felt like an hour waiting for them to tell me what the fuck was going on while shaking more than a chihuahua.

"I have to go." I said as I suddenly walked away from that sick place.

Why would Gerard leave without telling me? I mean, he kept telling me he was going to leave soon, but he never said when. And I didn't know where Gerard was, but at least I knew he was alive. And there was only one place out of prison where he could be. At his brother's.

To be fair, Mikey could have told me about it too. I wanted to call him but then I realized I had left my phone at home. I think I was so frustrated this morning that I didn't even check if I had any text message.