Chapter 4

"Gerard? Are you awake?" I had heard him moving in his bed so I already knew he was. It seems I'm not the only one who can't sleep at night.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I can't sleep and I was wondering... Does anyone ever come to visit you?" I had been thinking about that for a while now and since I had nothing better to do, I decided to ask him. I'd never have any visit and I thought he didn't have either, but I was wrong.

"Uh, yes... My brother's kinda scared of me but he comes at the weekend because his daughter likes me and wants to see me... He always look at me like I'm some kind of bug and he's better than him but he doesn't have exactly a perfect life either"

"Wait, you have a niece?" I was surprised he actually had a heart and got on well with kids.

"Yeah, she's adorable. Well... You can see her when they come I guess..." He seemed to be a uncomfortable with the topic. "What about your family?"

"Let's say my parents never accepted me... I found a job and an apartment and I never came back. I don't think they miss me anyway." I don't know why but it felt good speaking about my problems. I had never done this before since I didn't have anyone I could trust.

"You okay, Frank?" Gerard went out of his bed and came to me and before I could answer, he gave me a hug. "I'm sorry, I know what it feels like to be rejected." He whispered while I was in his arms. "I've always felt rejected by everyone and it became even worse when I got to prison... And now that my niece likes me, I can't even see her that much because my brother thinks I'm dangerous and I'm a bad influence..." He got into my bed and cuddled me and I didn't know what to say or do.

"You're not alone, Gerard... You have her and I'm sure that deep inside your brother also cares about you... And you also have me, and even if I get out of here before you do, I'll come every time I can to see you, I promise." I cuddled with him too.

"Thanks." He whispered before we both fell asleep together.

(A/N: Okay this turned out pretty awkward and short but cute maybe, I guess? Well I just wanted to tell you guys that I'm updating this today because I think I will be busy this weekend and next weekend so I don't know when I'll update again, I'll try when I have some spare time though... So just a preview in the next chapter Mikey and his daughter visit Gerard... hehehehe... Also I wanted to thank everyone who's reading this for helping to get this fanfic to 69 reads!!! lol well that's all, I hope to be here again soon ^-^)