Chapter 19

Looking after Susan wasn't that hard and I actually had a good time.

I woke up at around 1am, when I heard someone opening the main door, but I calmed down after hearing it was just Mikey and Pete. They were giggling quietly and whispering. I bet they hadn't had time for themselves in a while, and they seemed happier than ever.
I couldn't help thinking about Gerard and I. I had never been outside the prison with him, and I had no idea how things would be when he was finally free. I tried to put my worries aside and go back to sleep. I couldn't wait to see him the next morning.

It was nice being waken up by someone calling you after such a long time. And in this case, being waken up by my little "niece" was the sweetest thing ever.
"Uncle Frankiieee!!" She said tapping my shoulder. "You have to wake up, we have to go to visit Uncle Gerard!" I rubbed my eyes.
"I'll get up in a minute, sweety" I said, and she went somewhere else.

"Good morning." I said walking into the kitchen. They were all there, having breakfast.
"Good morning." They replied.
"Do you want some cereals or toasts?" Mikey asked.
"Uhm some cereals and, do you have coffee?" I asked.
"Yeah, sure, I'll help you with it." Pete offered.
"So, did you have a good time last night?" I asked them, and they both exchanged a kinda mysterious look.
"Yeah, it was really nice." Mikey smiled. "I guess you had no problems with Susan, right?"
"No, not at all. She's a really good girl, right, Susan?" She nodded.
"Here you have your coffee, and your bowl of cereal." Pete handed them to me, and that's when I noticed the ring on his finger. I didn't want to say anything because maybe they didn't want the kid to know about it yet, but I guessed they realized I had seen it.
"Susan, have you finished breakfast?" Pete asked.
"Yes!" She smiled.
"Mikey, can you help her getting dressed while I talk to Frank?" Mikey nodded and took her daughter to her bedroom.
"Sorry, I didn't mea-" I started.
"No, it's okay, we actually wanted to tell you about it, I just didn't think you noticed so soon." Pete laughed.
"So you guys are engaged?" I asked.
"More or less. You know about what happened to Mikey, so he is still... Kinda 'scared' of weddings. It will probably just be a small ceremony, we still have time to think about it, and also we probably want to wait until Gerard is out. We will talk about it with him today too." He explained.

We finally arrived to prison. First I told him about my experience as a babysitter and he said he was proud that I had found my vocation. "I'm still worried about what is going to happen with me when I get out of here. I didn't even finish high school." He explained.
"Don't worry, we'll work it out together." I kissed him. I exchanged a look with Mikey and Pete and they nodded. Without saying I word, I knew I had to go with Susan so that they could talk about the wedding with Gerard. After a small talk, they made me a sign to come over because they had finished.
"We're going to wait for you in the car to leave you a few minutes for you two." Pete winked. Yeah, as if we were going to do something unusual with so many eyes guarding.
"I guess you know about it too." Gerard said.
"Yeah, so, what do you think about it?"
"I'm actually surprised that Mikey agreed. I mean, I had never seen him so happy since he met Pete, but still I didn't think he'd overcome it so fast."
"Well they told me they're still not completely ready and also they don't wanna get married until you're out of prison."
"It's not like they have to wait that much anymore for that." I looked at him confused and surprised. "I may leave soon Frankie."

(A/N: Hello, it's me, it had been so long! This is my birthday present for you guys so I hope you enjoy it ☺️ btw next chapter is my favourite one 😏)