Chapter 18

(A/N: This is hella short and boring but, hey, at least I finally uploaded. Also, interesting things are going to happen soon, maybe in one or two chapters ;))
We stayed in the park for a little bit longer, so that Susan could play with her friend before going back to the flat, where Pete was waiting for us. It turned out he and Mikey had a surprise for me.
"Susie, honey, could you please leave us alone for a minute? We need to talk about adults stuff, okay?" Her dad asked her once we arrived.
"But is Uncle Frank going to leave already?" The little girl asked.
"No, not yet. I'll call you in a moment, sweetie, now go to your room." And so Susan went to her room.
"Is everything alright?" I had no idea whether they were gonna say something good or bad.
"Yeah, it is." Mikey explained. "In fact, since you get along with Susan and we don't usually go out because of work and because we have to stay with her on the weekend, we thought that maybe you could take care of her tonight, so that Pete and I could go somewhere to have dinner. Well, only if you want to, of course." I felt that it was too soon to leave me alone to take care of a kid, but maybe I needed that to grow stronger. "I'm going to help Susan to shower and then you'll tell me, okay? No pressure." He smiled and went to Susan's room.
"Let's go and sit on the couch meanwhile if you want to." Pete offered, so we did. "So, how was the day? I guess good, right?"
"Yeah, Susan is such a sweet girl, we played princesses." I laughed. "How was your day? Isn't it hard being a therapist?"
"It was good and yeah, it is hard but I've always liked helping people. Oh and, talking about helping people, I guess we're going tomorrow to see Gerard again, you're coming, right?" Ah, yes, Gerard.
"Yup"
"Cool, well, when we talk with Mikey again we'll organize it."
After five minutes of small talk and considering the offer, Mikey was back.
"Did you decide yet or...?"
"I think I'm gonna do it." I told him. "I mean, I don't even have to do much because, what's her bedtime?" I checked the clock on the wall. It was already 6:00PM.
"She just has to eat when she's put on her pyjamas and she usually goes to bed at around 7. I'll tell you where the dinner is, you only need to put it on the microwave. Also you can sleep on the couch if you want to because I don't know what time we'll be back, I can give you some blankets. And then, tomorrow, you come with us to prison straight away and we don't need to go to pick you up. Well, just if you feel okay about it."
"Yeah, sounds cool." I finally decided.
After some basic instructions and telling Susan about it, Mikey and Pete left.