Tony - Truth for Truth

Good, I have managed to get myself into hospital for the second time in a month. I was in a small, white room that smelt strongly of disinfectant. Where's Pepper, I thought. Oh. Oh no, no no no no.She left, now I remembered everything, memories came flooding back. Bruce, Pepper, Fury. Oh shit, I said in my head, Tony, could you've been a bigger asshole? I was still thinking when Bruce walked in, looking very tired and rumpled. I almost said two things that I am very glad I did not say because I would have been very embarrassed; 1. You look lovely 2. I like the bed-head look , instead I said, where did you sleep last night?

Looking incredibly sheepish, trying, and failing, to smooth his shirt out, and turning every-so slightly red, a blush that looked adorable on him, he said, 'Errr, here.'

'What? Here where?' I actually wasn't that surprised, he looked very ruffled and his shirt was crumpled and wrinkled, a lot.

'Here, on this chair,' he said scratching the back on his neck, still blushing and pointing to a chair near the window, 'in this room.'

'Oh,' I mumbled, 'Why?'

He stared at his feet, and then walked over to the chair and sat down. ' I, ummm, oh yes, I meant to ask about the power, Pe-- ummm, JARVIS had said it had been turned off but, without cutting the power to half of New York, that's not possible... So, what actually happened?'

I carefully made a mental note that he had dodged my question and told myself to ask again, instead I said, 'Truth for a truth?'

'Okay Tony.' He sighed and I knew I had won, I smiled smugly to myself. 'But,' And there was the catch, ' you first.'

Oh crap, fine, you win Bruce. 'Okay, fine. I pretended to have turned the power off so that I could get away unnoticed by P-Pepper,' my voice cracked as I said it,' I needed to be undisturbed to check--- something.' I mumbled the last part.

He sighed, knowing I wasn't telling him everything but not wishing to push it any further, he will later though, I thought.

'I slept here because I needed to make sure that you were okay, I worry about you Tony, okay? You really scared me. And Tony... I know that you were watching, me,' and the panic set in, how did he know, what would he think, how would he react if I told him, the what if's made my chest feel tight with panic, ',Tony I'm not mad, or upset, I just want to know why.' Ugh, the panic gushed out, he was worried about me, like how I worry about him. Maybe he feels the same about me?'