Twice The Love, Twice The Hate. I Just Had To Fall For Twins. {2}

Newt and I walked to our next class and sat down together. I examined the kids and felt myself cheer up a little as Shane walked in.

                He came over to us and leaned on Newt’s desk. “Hey Newt. Let me see your homework,” he said with a mean smirk. He was completely ignoring me. I felt…confused.

                Newt glared in disgust. “Do your own homework Shawn!” she snapped. Shawn? He straightened up and glared. “God you are such a bitch!” he said, shaking his head and walking off to someone else.

                Newt shook her head in annoyance. “Um…who was that?” I asked. She sighed. “Shawn Jarvis.” I bit my lip. Maybe…no.

                I stayed silent until we went to lunch during 6th period. Newt began to lead me over to a table. “Oh, wait right here. I’m going to get a drink,” she said. I watched her walk over to the vending machine a little ways away.

                “Luna?” I turned to face Shane. He gave me his shy smile. He had to have been the guy that asked Newt for her homework. He was dressed the same and looked exactly the same and even sounded the same. Maybe he hadn’t seen me? Maybe Newt had said his name wrong and he hadn’t noticed?

                “Do you need somewhere to sit? You can sit with me,” he said with a small smile. I opened my mouth but Newt came over.

                “Shane,” she said simply. He looked nervous. “Oh, hi Newt.” Newt took a sip of her drink. “Luna is sitting with me. I would appreciate it if you would stop talking to her.”

                I gave her a shocked look. “Why?” I asked. Shane fidgeted. Newt raised an eyebrow at him. “Go away Shane,” she said, ignoring my question.

                Shane dropped his eyes to the ground. “Okay. I’m s-sorry,” he mumbled. “Bye Luna.” He walked off and I stared at Newt. “What the hell was that about? He’s really nice!” She shook her head. “Just forget about him Luna. Being friends with him will only lead to trouble. Believe me.”

                We ate lunch together and walked to 7th period. I sat next to Newt and watched as Shane walked in with some guy. They were smirking and talking. “Newt,” he said nastily, glaring at her. She glared right back.

                “Newt, stop,” I said. Shane looked at me. “Who the fuck are you?” I gave him a confused look. “I’m Luna,” I said. What was up with him? My eyes peered over his shoulder and…

                Shane walked into the room?

                I looked from one boy to the other. Wearing the exact same thing. With the same looks. And the same eyes. And the same hair.

                The one who just entered walked over to the one I was talking to. Now that they were next to each other, they looked even more alike than before.

                “Luna?” the one who had just walked in asked curiously. “Shane?” I asked, completely confused now. He nodded, glancing at all of us. “You know her?” the look alike asked. Shane nodded. I could see the only difference in them now.

                Shane had frightened, vulnerable eyes.

                The other one had cruel, angry eyes.

                Those eyes both turned on me.

                “Um…” Shane said awkwardly. “Luna, this is my brother Shawn. Shawn, this is Luna,” he said at last. The other guy just stood there. “What about me?” he asked sarcastically. “Oh! Sorry!” Shane said quickly. “This is Type. Type, Luna.”

                I was still trying to get over Shane and Shawn. They were…so alike! It was actually kind of creepy. Scratch that. It was really creepy.

                “Go away,” Newt snapped. Their eyes all shot on her. Shane and Shawn glanced at each other before Shawn shrugged. “Whatever bitches,” he said and he and Type began to walk away.

                Shawn stopped and turned. “Shane? Come on,” he said in annoyance. Shane gave me a small wave before hurrying after Shawn.

                Newt sighed in annoyance. “And there you go. Type Saunders and the Jarvis twins. Stay away from all of them.” “What’s wrong with Shane? He seems so nice,” I argued. Newt nodded. “He is. He’s really nice. But if you get caught up with Shane, you get caught with Shawn. Trust me, you don’t want that. Shawn Jarvis is nothing but trouble.”

                “I can’t be friends with just Shane?” I asked. Newt tapped her pen on the desk and shook her head. “No. Shane and Shawn are impossible to separate. He’s always with Shawn. So if you’re always with Shane, you’re always with Shawn. Shawn is good at manipulating people. You’ll be sucked in before you know what’s happening.”

                I looked over at the boys. Shawn and Type were talking. Shane looked over and gave me a small smile. I returned in. The teacher walked in and looked around at all of us.

                “Shawn Jarvis! Type Saunders! Stop talking!” she snapped. They glared at her but went silent as she started class. Shane looked away from me to pay attention. I sighed and began to take notes.