Twice The Love, Twice The Hate. I Just Had To Fall For Twins. {12}

***Shane’s POV***

                We got off the bus at our house after school. “See ya Shane. I’m taking the car to Luna’s. We’re hanging out there for a little and then I’m bringing her back here.” I nodded quietly. Shawn hesitated. “But…I should probably change first,” he said as we walked inside.

                He ran upstairs to change his clothes and I began to head towards the living room. I heard someone whimper and paused. It was my mom. Fear struck through me and I quietly crept upstairs to my parents’ room.

                I peeked in and saw my dad standing in front of my mom. He pulled back his fist and struck at her. She whimpered more and covered her head as he began to beat her, screaming at her.

                “You worthless bitch!” he screamed. I began to shake badly. Feeling like a coward, I raced towards my bedroom. I entered. Shawn was changing his shirt. He looked up in surprise. “What?” he asked calmly.

                He heard it. I knew he heard it. I could still hear mom’s whimpers and dad’s screams. “You hear it Shawn,” I said quietly. “You hear it! Please stop him.” Shawn cocked his head to the side. “Hear what?” he asked.

                “You hear him hurting her!” I cried. “Why do you always do this?” Shawn gave me a sharp look. “I hear who hurting who?” he asked. “Dad hurting mom. You know he hits her Shawn! It isn’t who he is! You need to stop him!” I said desperately.

                He grabbed a fistful of my shirt and pulled me up close to his face. “Shut up Shane. He doesn’t hurt her. He’s never hurt her before. He loves her and he loves us. He’s a great dad and husband,” he growled.

                “Shawn! Let go of him!”

                We spun to face our mom.

                She ran over and knocked Shawn away from me. “Are you okay Shane?” she asked frantically. I nodded. “Yea,” I whispered.

                She glared at Shawn. “Don’t do that! Don’t grab him like that Shawn!” she cried angrily. “Mom, it’s okay,” I said quietly. “He wasn’t going to hurt me.” But there was a look of certain terror in her eyes as she looked at Shawn. I could see a bruise forming on her cheek.

                “No. It’s not okay! Shawn, if I ever see you grab your brother, or anyone, like that than I’ll ground you!” Shawn glared at her with hate in his eyes. “I wasn’t going to hurt him mom! I would never hurt Shane. Why are you overreacting so much?” he snapped.

                “Because!” she yelled. “Because you can’t go around grabbing people like that!” “Stop yelling at my son,” dad snapped, coming into the room. He roughly shoved mom away from me and walked over to Shawn.

                “He can’t grab Shane like that!” she cried angrily. “I wasn’t going to hurt him. I protect him! I’m the only one who protects him!” Shawn screamed. He came over and put a protective arm around me. “You’ve never done anything for Shane. I’m the one who takes care of him,” Shawn snapped, pulling me close.

                “Stop yelling at her Shawn,” I begged. He glared at me furiously. “Fine! Side with that bitch!” he screamed and punched me furiously. I staggered back in shock as mom gasped. She pulled me away from Shawn as I stared in terror.

                Mom pulled me out of the room and then out of the house. She urged me into the car and got in the driver’s side. She drove away from the house towards my uncle’s house.

                “Are you okay Shane?” she asked in worry. I couldn’t even talk. Yea, my face hurt where Shawn had hit me. But, well, I was just too shocked to register the pain. My brother had never hit me before. Never.

                I shuddered.

                                                                                ***Shawn’s POV***

                I drove to Luna’s, shaking violently. I had hit my little brother. I had hit my own twin. I had always promised myself that I would protect Shane. Now I was the one hurting him.

                Mom had left with him. Who knew where she was taking him. I got out of the car and knocked on Luna’s door. She opened it and smiled, leading me inside to her room.

                “What’s wrong?” she asked, noticing my expression. “Have you heard from my brother?” I asked desperately. She shook her head, looking confused. “No. Why?” I angrily ruffled my hair and pulled out my cell phone.

                I dialed Type’s number. “Hello?” he asked after a few rings. “Type! Have you heard from Shane? Is he with you?” I demanded. “No man. Why?” Not bothering to answer, I hung up and dialed my aunt’s number.

                “Jeydyn! Please, have you heard from Shane?” I was beyond desperate. Luna was watching me in fear. I had to find Shane. I just had to find him.

                “No I haven’t Shawn. Why?” she asked, fear climbing in her voice. I hung up on her and dialed my uncle Pez’s number. “Have you heard from Shane uncle Pez?” I begged. “No Shawn, I’m sorry,” he said in confusion. I hung up the phone. Shane’s cell phone was at our house.

                “Dammit!” I cried and buried my face in my hands. “Shawn! What’s wrong?” Luna asked in alarm. “I hit him,” I whispered shakily. Her eyes widened. “My mom took him out of the house. No one knows where they went. I need to find him Luna! I need to apologize!”

                She moved towards me. “Get away from me!” I snapped. She froze, a hurt look in her eyes. I stood up and glared at her. “We were fine until you came along!” I screamed. “I only dated you so that he wouldn’t! I only dated you to protect Shane! You bitch!”I stormed out of her house and drove away.