Twice The Love, Twice The Hate. I Just Had To Fall For Twins. {11}

It was a nice pain. It numbed everything else. I felt myself becoming lost in it. It was such a sweet relief. I had cut myself for a while .I had never told Shawn before. I didn’t want to worry him.

                “What the fuck?!”

                My eyes widened in horror as I spun to face my dad.

                He stormed over to me and knocked the blade out of my hand. He grabbed my slit wrist and then grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink. He wrapped my wrists tightly.

                “Dad, I…” I didn’t know what to say. He looked at me with his bloodshot eyes. “Why the hell would you do it?” he demanded. “I don’t know,” I squeaked. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

                “Okay. Okay, go to your room. I won’t tell your mother or your brother.” He looked like something was really, really bothering him. “Don’t ever do it again. They send you away for that kind of stuff. Don’t hurt yourself like that,” he whispered.

                “I’m sorry dad,” I said quietly. He looked at me with agonized eyes and took a deep breath. He placed a hand on my shoulder and looked deep into my eyes. “Don’t hurt yourself. I…Shane I’m sor…Don’t hurt yourself. Please.” He pulled his hand away and left the room, the agony in his eyes killing me.

                I bit my lip and made my way up to my room. Shawn and Luna were curled together talking. I watched with sad eyes. I curled up on my bed and put on my iPod. I smiled softly as Goodnight Moon by Go Radio came on. I felt myself falling asleep slowly.

                                                                                ***Shawn’s POV***

                “Monkey see is what monkey do monkey bleeds until monkey’s blue monkey sees my fucking crew so monkey schemes of ducking through.”

                My iPod played in my ears as I walked through the halls with Type and Shane. Luna was off with Newt turning in work to one of her teachers on the other side of the school. It was the perfect time to screw around with some people.

                Some freshmen were hanging out in front of Type’s locker. I grinned at Type and we nodded before storming over there. We slammed the two of them into the lockers and they looked at us in shock and fear.

                “What the hell?” one of them cried. “This is my locker,” Type growled at him. “Man let us go! We didn’t know!” the one I was holding begged. I glanced over at Type. “You feeling in the mood to clean up the school?” I asked.

                Type grinned. “Sure Shawn. Let’s do this school a favor.” Shane shoved his hands in his pockets and looked away as we dragged the kids over towards the garbage cans. “Shane! Get over here,” I said.

                He hesitated before coming over. I shoved the kid I was holding at Shane who held him reluctantly, but tightly. I turned to the kid Type was holding. We smirked at him.

                I grabbed his feet as Type lifted him by his arms. “HEY!” he screamed, trying desperately to get away. Kids hurried by, not wanting to be the next victims. They knew how Type and I worked. Shane bit his lip as he watched. The kid he was holding was shaking violently.

                Type and I shoved the kid into the garbage. He struggled desperately until the garbage fell over and he spilled onto the ground. “Ow!” he yelped. “Hey! Stay in there!” Type growled. I laughed and we picked him up and threw him back in the trash.

                We turned to the guy Shane was holding. “Please!” he begged. “Please don’t!” We advanced at him laughing. “Alright Shane, you can let him go,” Type said as we reached them. Shane played with his lip ring and avoided our eyes.

                “Guys, just let him go,” he said quietly. I froze and raised an eyebrow. “Why are you sticking up for him man?” Type asked. “He didn’t do anything wrong,” Shane said, going even quieter. I put on a fake look of hurt. “Are you seriously picking some kid you don’t even know over your own brother?” I made sure to make myself sound betrayed.

                Shane immediately shoved the kid to me.

                I grabbed him and Type and I shoved him into the garbage before walking back to Shane laughing. I slung my arm around him lovingly. It was what I loved about my little brother. He was incredibly loyal.

                “Thanks little brother. I love you,” I said truthfully. He smiled softly. “Shawn!” Luna called happily as she and Newt walked towards us. I felt Shane’s shoulders slumped.

                You’re helping him. You’re protecting him, I promised myself. I pulled my arm away from Shawn and hugged Luna. I kissed her and smiled. “Hey Luna. How are you?” “Good,” she said and smiled back.

                                                                                ***Luna’s POV***

                I pulled away from Shawn and smiled at Shane. He looked away, a guilty look in his eyes. I stared at him in confusion. What did he have to be guilty about?

                Shawn put his arm around me and led me away. “Ignore him; he isn’t himself right now. Probably just tired.” I relaxed. Shane was his twin brother. Shawn would know what was wrong with him.

                “Luna!” Newt came over to me. “Come to my locker with me. I have to tell you something,” she said. I had met up with her on my way to meet up with Shawn.

                I kissed Shawn’s cheek before following her towards her locker. She was chewing on her lip. Something was obviously bothering her.

                “What’s wrong?” I asked. She sighed. “Look, I know you aren’t going to want to believe me. But, well, I just saw Type and Shawn throwing two guys in the trash can. Again.” I stared at her. “No, that can’t be right Newt. Shawn wouldn’t do that,” I said defensively.

                She rubbed the back of her neck. “Luna, they do it a lot. And Shane helps.” Now I really didn’t believe her. “They wouldn’t do that.” She shrugged. “I see them do it a lot. They’re bullies. Shawn makes Shane help by making him feel guilty. He takes advantage of Shane and Shane doesn’t care as long as Shawn’s happy.”

                “They wouldn’t do that!” I snapped angrily. I just couldn’t see them throwing kids in a trash can for no reason. I shook my head. “I’m going to go find my boyfriend Newt,” I hissed before storming away from her angrily.