Chapter 4 : Losing a brother

Chapter 4

Later...

Riker POV

My head had finally stopped pounding. It still hurt pretty bad though.

I made my way downstairs. I found Rocky in the living room. He had his arms crossed, and he just looked downright mad.

"R-Rocky, could I talk to you please?" I said, quietly.

He didn't even look at me.

"No."

It felt like my heart dropped all the way to my stomach.

"Rocky, please. I really need to talk to you."

"No."

I felt like I was going to cry any second. I turned, and ran upstairs to my room.

I slammed the door shut, and sunk down to the floor. I broke into tears, feeling extremely guilty inside. I seriously can't believe I did that last night...

Someone knocked on the door. I stood up, and opened it, wiping my tears. It was mom.

"Let's have a little talk, Riker."

She sat down on my bed. I sat next to her.

"Rocky told me what happened last night."

"I didn't mean to-"

"Riker. Don't interrupt me."

"Sorry..."

"He told me what happened, and I think it was very irresponsible of you to get drunk, and then on top of that, make out with Shannon."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"I'm not finished yet. You know the rules. If you want to continue to live here, we can still punish you. I don't want you drinking any alcohol for a month."

"A month!? Mom-"

"Riker, what you did was wrong, and Rocky is devastated."

"He won't even talk to me!"

"I know. He has a right to be mad. He needs some time to get over it."

I sighed.

"I want you to apologize to him."

"How can I apologize if he won't even talk to me?"

"That's for you to figure out."

I was annoyed now. What was I supposed to do?

"Good luck," mom said, getting up to leave.

"Wait! You're not going to make me break up with her?"

"Riker, you do what you think is best. You're an adult. You need to be responsible for your own decisions now."

I sighed. Well this is just great...

Later...

Riker POV

I got up the courage to go try to talk to Rocky again. I found him in his new bedroom.

"Rocky, please can we talk for a minute?"

"No. I'm not speaking to you ever again."

"I just want to apologize. Please just listen. What I did was wrong. And I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have done that to you. It was wrong, and stupid, and I don't know why I did it."

"Because you like her."

"I do... But I can't help it! She's just perfect! And I suppose that's why you like her too."

"Liked."

"You don't like her anymore?"

"Nope."

"Alright, well..."

"Get out, Riker."

I left, went back to my room, and called Shannon.

"Riker?"

"Hey. We need to talk about last night."

"Yes, we do."

"Rocky doesn't like you anymore. But I still do. So I was just wondering if maybe-"

"I can't date you, Riker. It would be wrong, and you're not my type anyways."

"I'm not your type!? I seemed to be your type when you made out with me last night!"

"I was drunk, Riker."

I sighed, angrily.

"Don't call me again, Riker. It's over."

The line went dead, and I threw my phone at the wall. I still don't have Shannon as my girlfriend, and now I've sort of lost Rocky as my brother. So it wasn't really even worth it last night.

I was really frustrated with the whole situation. It sucked. And I don't know how to fix it...

I picked up my phone. The screen was cracked. I set it down on my nightstand, and laid down. I still have a headache...

Later...

Rydel POV

I went into Riker's room, and found him sprawled out on his bed. He looked miserable.

"Hey. How are you doing?" I asked, quietly.

"Awful."

"You ok?"

"Not even close..."

I sighed, and sat down next to him.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"He's being completely unreasonable! He won't let me talk to him, and it's hard to apologize when he won't even listen to me! And Shannon won't go out with either of us, so I'm right back where I started, except now I don't have Rocky either."

"Riker, I think he just needs some time to calm down from it. He's heartbroken, and he needs more than just a few hours to get over it."

"Well it's frustrating! And my head hurts..."

"Do you want me to go get you something for it?"

"Yes, please..."

"Ok. I'll be right back."

I got Riker some water and a pill, and then gave it to him.

"It'll be ok, Riker. I'm sure you guys will be back to normal by the end of the week."

"Yeah, well I sure hope so..."