Chapter 3 : Riker's mistake

Chapter 3

Later...       

Rocky POV

I'd also picked up some flowers on my way home, hoping that maybe Shannon wouldn't be as mad.

I wanted to surprise her. So I snuck in through the front door. I went to the kitchen, but she wasn't there. There was an empty bottle of wine on the table though.

I was worried Shannon went home.

I walked into the living room. No one there either.

Where's Riker?

Maybe they're just upstairs talking or something.

I walked up the stairs, and opened mine and Riker's door. And I saw Shannon and Riker both on Riker's bed. Riker was on top of her, totally making out.

"RIKER!" I shouted.

He jumped, and fell on the floor.

"What the hell are you doing with my girlfriend!?" I shouted.

Riker tried to stand, and stumbled over.

"Oh my god, you're drunk!"

Shannon stood up.

"Rocky, what are you shouting about?" Rydel asked, coming in the room.

"They're drunk! Both of them were making out! And they're drunk!" I shouted.

"Do you want me to give Shannon a ride home?" Rydel asked.

"Yes, please."

Shannon and Rydel left. I slammed the door shut behind them. I took the flowers I'd gotten, and started hitting Riker with them.

"Ow! Rocky!"

He crawled under the bed.

"Why would you make out with my girlfriend, Riker!?"

I threw the flowers in the garbage.

"I'm sorry. Please don't yell at me. I don't like loud noises!"

I crouched down, and pulled Riker out from under the bed.

"I'm so telling dad what you did. You might be over 18, and there might not be much dad can do, but he can kick you out."

"Rocky, I'm sorry," he slurred.

"No. What you are is drunk and stupid!"

I pushed his shoulder, and he fell over on his bed. I stormed out of the room, furious.

I found dad in the kitchen with mom.

"Kick Riker out of the house!" I shouted, banging my fist on the counter.

"Rocky, lower your voice please. It's late," mom said.

"Kick him out!" I shouted.

"Why? What happened?" Dad asked.

"He stole Shannon from me! He got drunk, and made out with my girlfriend! Kick him out!"

"Rocky, I'm sure it was just a mistake. Riker wouldn't do something like that on purpose," mom said.

"Yes, he would! He's such a liar! He has feelings for her!"

"Rocky, I'm not kicking him out," dad said.

"Well I'm not living with him!"

I ran back up the stairs. Riker was standing in the doorway. I shoved him backwards, and he fell, making a very loud thud.

I started packing up my stuff. I'm not rooming with him. No way.

"Ross!" I shouted.

Ross showed up in the doorway.

"Switch rooms with me."

"Um... Ok, when?"

"Now."

"Rocky, it's almost midnight-"

"Then do it in the morning! But I'm not sleeping in here with him!"

I grabbed some of my stuff, and dragged it down the hall to Ryland and Ross's room. I turned off the light, and got in Ross's bed, not even bothering to change into pajamas.

The next morning...

Riker POV

I woke up, groaning. My head hurts so bad.

I pulled the covers over my head. The light hurt my eyes.

The door opened, and I cringed at the noise.

"Riker?"

I groaned, covering my ears. The covers were pulled off of me, and I saw Ross. 

"Hey. Um... Breakfast is ready downstairs if you want some."

"No... My stomach hurts so bad... And I have to pee. Can you help me up?"

"Yeah."

I groaned as I sat up. My whole body felt achy.

Ross helped me up, and down the hall to the bathroom. I quickly did my business, and then Ross helped me back to my bedroom. I felt extremely lightheaded and dizzy.

"Riker, do you want medicine or something?" Ross asked.

"Yes, please..."

Ross disappeared, but came back a few minutes later with a cup of water and a pill. He helped me sit up again, and I took the pill.

"God, why do I feel so awful?" I asked, laying down.

"Don't you remember?" Ross asked, sitting on Rocky's bed.

"No... What?"

"Last night?"

"Um... I remember Shannon coming over, and Rocky was running late... Um... Why can't I remember anything after that?"

"Riker... Rocky found you and Shannon up here making out. You guys were drunk."

I sighed, and covered my eyes with my hands.

"Please tell me you're making that up..."

"No... Um... Rocky and I switched rooms by the way. So um... You room with me now. But um..."

"Was he mad?"

"He was... beyond furious..."

I sighed again. I can't believe I did that...

"Alright, well... When I feel better, I'll come apologize to him. How is he?"

"Riker... Um... He honestly... sounds like he hates you... And I know you guys are brothers, and this is just one of the bad times, but... it sounds bad..."

"This is all my fault..."

"It's not all your fault. It's half Shannon's fault."

"Ugh, this is awful."

Rydel POV

"I wonder what's going on up there," Ryland said.

"Ross is probably being nice to that jerk face, and giving him medicine for his freaking hangover," Rocky said, annoyed.

"Rocky, be nice," mom said.

"No. Not to him."

"He has a name, you know," I said, quietly.

"Yeah, well guess what, Rydel? He made out with my girlfriend! And I don't ever want to see or talk to him ever again!"

"But what about R5?" I asked.

"Screw it! I'm not going to be in a band with someone who stole my girlfriend from me! No way!"

Rocky put his plate in the sink, and marched out the front door.

Well this is just great...