Chapter 14 : Car trouble

Chapter 14  

A few days later...

Riker POV

Maddie was picking me up, and she was going to take us to the mall for our date tonight. I was super excited. I really like Maddie.

The doorbell rang, and before I could go answer it, Rocky did.

I ran down as soon as I could, and caught them talking.

"Oh, so you're going to the mall? Hey do you think maybe you could give me a ride there? I have to get some new shoes," Rocky said.

"No! Rocky, this is our date!" I said, annoyed.

"Riker, it's fine. He just needs a ride. We're going there anyways. It's fine," Maddie said.

I sighed, annoyed. Fine. He can have a ride. But he'd better not bug us during our date!

Rocky beat me to the front seat, so I had to sit in the back, and I was beginning to get grumpy.

Rocky and Maddie were talking basically the whole ride there, which was like 20 minutes. Maddie was interested in guitar, and Rocky was telling her all about how he plays, and he's a rockstar, and blah blah blah...

We finally got there, and thank god, Rocky went off to buy his dumb shoes without us.

We went to the food court and got some food. This was just sort of a casual date, and we weren't really planning on doing much. Just chatting and maybe walking around the mall a little bit.

"So Riker... Your brother's pretty cool."

"Uh... I guess so..."

"That's so cool he's in a band and stuff."

"Um... Well I'm in that band too."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. It's me, Rocky, my other brother Ross, my sister Rydel, and our friend Ellington."

"That's cool."

"Yeah..."

"So do you have any shows coming up or anything?"

"I'm not really sure... We're kind of taking a break at the moment..."

"Oh..."

"Yeah..."

"So do you play something too?"

"I play bass."

"Oh cool."

"Yeah. I taught myself."

Later...

Riker POV

Our date had gone ok... She just kept asking so many questions about our band and stuff. And I didn't know why. We met up with Rocky at the car. He got the front seat again...

When we were almost home, Maddie seemed to be having car trouble, and she had to pull over on the side of the road. Her car died.

We all got out. It was dark out, so we had our phone flashlights on.

"Do you know what's wrong?" Rocky asked.

"No. I don't really know that much about cars," Maddie said.

We all walked around to the front of her car.

"Riker, do you know what could be wrong?" Maddie asked.

"Don't bother asking Riker. He doesn't know about man things."

I was biting my bottom lip so hard, trying not to lose it.