Chapter 16- Pain of two sorts

Pain. Of two sorts.

Red clouded my eyes as I woke. My whole body seemed to sting, as if a hundred needles were being plunged into my skin. I clenched my teeth, and pushed myself up to sitting position. The sight that met my eyes was not one you see every day.

Instead of the metal bars that had been attatched to a ceiling, there were clumps of deformed metal lying near, as if they had melted. There were small pieces of glass everywhere I looked. The most suprising though, was the amount of bodies lying around. There were hundreds, stretching out into the horizon. Everything in the Black Angel's Realm had been destroyed.

I could still feel the remainders of the power that had flowed through me that moment. With a single thought, I brought me and Lucy's body home.

My sudden appearance startled the court somewhat. One of the messengers was summoned to tell Gabriel, and the whole room seemed to pause infront of the sight of me and Lucy's body.

It was so perfect. Her hair was like little silk threads, her wings still as soft as anything, and her skin a snowy white that gave the idea of a porcelain doll. A tear ran down my face, but deep in my thoughts as I was, I hardly noticed it. It was like a single, small bead on a bracelet. Unnoticable.

That was until a whole waterful came rolling down my face. I collapsed onto my knees. Gabriel, who had just come into the room, rushed to my side with tears running down his face too.

"How?" He whispered, almost inaudibly.

"The Black Angels." I said simply, and then dived in to silence again. At that moment, another messenger rushed into the room, a look of panic present on his young face.

"Your Majesties! They have surrounded the lands!"

Well, I guess I didn't kill all of them then.

We got up and prepared, not saying a word. A kind of numbness had consumed me, I wasn't feeling or thinking anything.

And I was very grateful for it.

That night, we cried. We held on to eachother and cried for Lucy until our eyes were sore and dry, and then fell into a sleep full of nightmares.

Sorry- It's quite short :/