Chapter 13- Approaching

I left the bed, with Gabriel and Lucy snuggled up together. It was a heart warming site to see.

Lucy was quite unique. She had blood red wings, white hair and black eyes. She was also growing very quickly, within a week she had grown to a toddler. She nearly always slept, and if not, shes eating. I suppose she needed it for all that growing. She seemed very adventurous. She loved her pens too.

I couldn't help but wonder if she was like me, with royal powers and white wings. Two of our best scientists were going to take a DNA sample in a week, to see. They were also going to take a blood sample, just to check everything was as it should be. They weren't sure what the effect of having different types of angel blood and genes would do to her. Obviously, she was different, we just didnt know how much so. Just like her mummy and daddy.

Gabriel had training sessions these days, like I do. He doesn't have powers as strong as mine as far as we know but he is a royal angel, and all royal angels have certain powers. Mind reading for instance, or revealing angel wings as I had done to him, but we didn't know what differences it might make that hes a Black Angel.

I put on a white tank top and black skinny jeans, (all my extra weight from the baby had gone) and then went to the hall. The council were gathered round the tables already, with worried looks on their faces.

"Alright. What's going on?" I asked.

"It's the Dark Angels. They have an army of eight thousand heading this way, your majesty."

I took a long, deep breath. We had all been expecting this, but it came as more of a shock than I thought it would.

"What are your orders, your majesty?"

We studied the map. From the direction that they were approaching, we calculated where they would attack from. We put soldiers on the walls all around the land, and then discussed stratagies for defence. That was when Gabriel and Lucy entered.

He frowned at the assembly of councilors, and then turned to me.

"Cassia, what is going on?" He said steadily, but a tone of knowing shone through his voice.

"I think you know." I said, confirming that tone.

"Dada, what's happening?" Lucy tugged Gabriels fingers, and when he didn't reply, she looked at me for answers.

"Mama?" I walked to her, knelt down, and took her small hands into my own.

"Lucy, you know what I told you about the Dark Angels?" She nodded. "Well, they are coming over here to fight us. They want your daddy, and you, and all of us."

"Thats not good, is it mama?"

"No, Lucy. It isn't good."

Please please please comment, like or fan!