Chapter 6- Mistakes

I took his hand and lead him through what seemed like a film of shining air. I felt myself zoom upwards in to the grey clouds and far above in to the skies, Gabriel's lips pressing on mine as Earth soared away from under our feet. The wind blew my hair so it stuck to my shoulders and on Gabriel's neck.

We landed on my bed with a soft thump. I pushed Gabriel off me and rushed to the wardrobe. I opened the doors and walked in. The dress hung in one of the sections, the silk shining in the dim light. I had forgotten how breathtakingly beuatiful it was.

"Lets go." I said to Gabriel, grabbing his hand and attempting to pull him off the huge bed. I say attempt because he then pulled me on to the bed with him and started kissing me again. Well, I couldn't resist, could I?

We kissed slowly and passionately, until we fell asleep together. We didn't care about the outside world, it was only me and him, wrapped in the dovets together.

Morning hit. Light seeped through the window and birds sung outside. Yes, there were birds in the realm.

Realisation struck me. The maids visited each chamber in the early morning. We had to get out, and quickly too.

It was too late. The echoes of footsteps bouced in the corridors outside my room. Instict struck, and I camouflaged both me and Gabriel against the bed. We werent invisible though- if you knew where to look, you could see the outlines and shapes. I just hoped it wasn't the usual maid, Ella, who I knew quite well. She knew my tricks.

It was Ella. I kept still, trying to keep hope. She saw the bed, ruffled and messy, and saw the shapes underneath.

"Cassia. I see you under there." She said. "And, em, your friend." Her white wings twitched behind her as her face twisted into supprise and confusion. I let the camoflage go. At first, her eyes widened as she took it all in, including the dress laid neatly on the floor. I was waiting for the scolding, but instead her face lit up with excitement.

"We have a king! Ooh!"