Back to Normal

LIZA POV:

I woke up with a start. The room was pitch black, but I didn't sense anyone else in the room with me. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 3 in the morning. I stood up and made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

Max was passed out on the floor with an almost empty bottle of vodka next to her. I walked over quietly and sat down.

I grabbed the bottle of vodka and took a swig. Max jumped and looked over at me. The vodka burned my throat and I couldn't hold back my cough "Smooth" I choked out. She sighed "Once you drink about half a bottle you don't really feel it anymore." She tried to take the bottle, but I pulled it away from her.

"Nah, Max I'm cutting you off. How long have you been down here?" She scoffed and gave me a hardened stare. "Why do you care Liza?"
I was a little taken aback by her question. "Because I love you."

She laughed bitterly and stumbled to her feet. "You don't love me. No one does and if they did they died a long time ago." She "walked" over to a cabinet and pulled out a bottle of tequila uncorking it and taking a huge swig. I jumped to my feet and snatched the bottle from her.

"Hey!" She shouted and tried to steal the bottle from me, but tripped on her own feet and landed face first on the floor. I sighed and knelt down.

"Are you okay?" She groaned and rolled over on her back "Who cares?"
She slurred. It was my turn to groan
"Alright Max I've had enough of this let's go." I pinched her ear and yanked her to her feet dragging her upstairs to her bathroom.

Once we were in there I turned the shower on making sure it was freezing cold, I picked max up off the floor and pushed her into the shower. She gasped and tried to get out, but I wouldn't let her.

"No no no you're staying in there until you sober up a little." Luckily her shower had a glass door and all I had to do was spell it to stay locked. "Ugh Fuck you Liza let me out!" Max growled her eyes glowed dimly.

"Hell no! Wolf up all you want! I'm not letting you out for at least 15 minutes!" She screamed in frustration. Lux and Callie  bust through the door looking terrified. "What is going on?!" Lux screamed.

Max's growled and punched a hole in the door. "Game over" She said menacingly. "Oh shit." Lux whispered. I backed out slowly taking Lux and Callie with me.

We heard more glass break and then a very pissed off soaking wet max marched into her room glaring at Lux. I pushed the two mates out of the room "I've got this!" I shouted as I locked the door. Lux pounded on the other side trying to get in.

"Max calm down! Please!" I shouted as she stalked towards me. "Let me out Liza." She said through gritted teeth. I shook my head "You know I can't do that." She grunted and gripped my arms roughly. I knew I'd have bruises the next day.

I stood my ground. "You can't scare me Max. I've been through worse shit than my mate getting a little rough." My voice was harsh and pointed. She inhaled sharply and loosened her grip.

Her eyes widened in realization. "Oh my gods I'm sorry." She whispered obviously mortified. She dropped her hands and backed away from me. I tried to walk towards her, but she put her hands up "no stop please I don't want to hurt you."

I walked over to her and intertwined our hands I didn't feel the normal buzz that happened when we touched. "Come on get out of those wet clothes and into bed."  I stepped out into the hall to let her change.

"Are you okay?" Callie asked as she checked me over. "I'm fine Callie, but I can't feel our bond anymore. It's freaking me out." Lux sighed