Resting

LUX POV:

My mom rushed out of the room to help my dad with Gabe, and Callie and I rushed over to Liza and Max.
Max looked like shit. One of her eyebrows had been split and she had a huge gash across her cheek. One of her eyes was swollen shut and the left side of her face was badly bruised.

"Why would Gabe do this to her? They are best friends!" Callie cried. I didn't understand either, none of this made sense. "I don't know Callie, but we need to wake her up she might have a concussion." I said urgently.

Liza had Max's head in her lap she was quietly crying and calling Max's name over and over again. Callie raced to the sink and filled a cup with water. She tried sprinkling it over Max's face, but it wasn't working.

I snatched the cup from her hands and threw the whole thing in Max's face. Max sprang up clutching her head. "Give me a bucket quick!" She screamed I slid the trash can over to her and she immediately started puking. She wiped her mouth and groaned clutching the trash can for dear life.

"Can someone get me a toothbrush?" She slurred. Callie ran to the bathroom and returned with a toothbrush ready to use and a glass of water. She handed them both to max who quickly brushed her teeth and laid her head back into Liza's lap. Liza kissed her head gently and carefully moved the hair out of Max's eyes.

"What happened Max?" She tried to sit up, but winced in pain and laid back down. Callie walked over to max and lifted her shirt. We all gasped at the huge bruise that was spread across her rib cage. I gently pressed down on the bruise to check her ribs.

I had barely touched her when she screamed and swatted my hand away "Fuck! Don't do that, Lux!"
"Sorry! I think you have a few broken ribs." I said apologetically.
"No shit Sherlock!" She spat with sass. Liza lifted max up slowly, and we helped her into a chair.

My mom ran into the room panting, looking disheveled. "Okay Gabe is in a cell, and he is pretty angry. What happened in there Max?"

Max shifted uncomfortably her eyes never leaving the floor. "He said that he didn't trust Liza and we got into a shouting match. I told him that Liza is my mate and he got really angry. He said that he's in love with me and he has been for years. Then he he..."

She paused and and locked eyes with Liza "he kissed me... But I swear I DID NOT kiss him back. I actually had to knee him in the nuts to get him off of me! Then he started  screaming about "how could I throw away everything we had for a stupid mate." When I told him I didn't love him like that, he hit me. I tried to fight back, but he's twice my size! I had to let my wolf out just to knock him out."
-------------------------------------------------------------
CALLIE POV:
(bold letters= speaking in Latin)

Liza started walking out, but lux blocked her path "Get out of my way Lux I've got a boy to castrate!" She growled. "I can't let you do that Liza. You're too weak to fight Gabe, let me deal with him later." Liza screamed in frustration and turned to me her eyes glowing purple.

"Callie this boy should be suffering! He hit my mate! I should be there right now defending her! He forced himself onto her! I shouldn't even be having this conversation. I should be in that cell giving him the punishment he deserves!"

She screamed at me. She was holding back angry tears, her fists balled at her side, her whole body was shaking with pent up rage. I grabbed her shoulders. Everyone was just watching us on the edge of their seats.

" Liza I know you want to defend max, but you are really weak right now! Please just let Lux handle him! I promise she will not go easy on him. She will do the right thing and give him a fair punishment for his actions! Your mate needs you right now! Just stay here with Max please!" I begged her, she groaned in frustration, and stomped over to max and sat down.