Dealing

LUX POV:

The second Gabe made that remark about marking we were all out of the door. We burst in and saw Gabe on top of max. His teeth were inches away from her neck. Liza quickly cast a spell.

Suddenly Gabe rolled off of max clutching his chest screaming in pain. I heard his bones cracking and I saw his features changing shape. I was expecting his giant wolf, but once his transformation was complete. Gabe was a puppy no bigger than a football. I snatched him up quickly holding him firmly in my arms.

Liza rushed over to max who was still sitting on the floor watching in shock. "Are you okay?" She asked Max nervously as she checked her for any injuries. "I'm okay! I almost thought you guys weren't coming!"
She yelled quickly I could hear the relief in her voice.

Callie giggled "Sorry we got here as fast as we could! But it looks like Gabe won't be a threat for a while."

"Yeah what did you do to him exactly Liza?" She pulled max to her feet dusting herself off. "I forced him to shift and sent his wolf back to puppyhood. He won't be able to shift back until I release him." She said bitterly.

Liza crashed into max giving her a huge hug. Gabe started growling and yipping. One growl from me shut him right up. We took Gabe back to his cell and quickly made sure the guards knew what was what.
--
After we made it back to the house Max and Liza went to clean the blood off of Max's face and Callie and I went to our room.

"That was close. I can't believe Gabe tried to do that!" Callie said sadly.
"The punishment for what he tried to do is harsh." Callie looked up at me her was brow furrowed. "What's gonna happen to him Lux?"

I sat next to her and laid my hand on her thigh. Tracing small patterns on her jeans. "He will be sentenced to death." Her hand found mine and clutched it tightly.

"That sounds kinda extreme." She whispered. I shook my head. "You don't understand, if he had marked max the pain of being marked by the wrong person would have sent her into a depression eventually causing her to lose her mind. She would have suicidal tendencies, hallucinations, extreme paranoia, violent outbursts, and eventually it would kill her. It's the worst way for a werewolf to die and there's no cure. We would have had to just watch Max slowly waste away."

Callie seemed to accept Gabe's fate and got under the covers pulling me with her. "I'm sorry Lux I know you loved Gabe. I wish things weren't so messed up." Callie said softly. We were face to face. Her fingers playing with my hair and mine were running up and down her side.

"I loved a fake persona not the actual Gabe. I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around everything, but even if things are messed up, I've got you and that makes everything a little bit more bearable."

I kissed her softly slowly deepening it. I was trying so hard to control my emotions, but it wasn't working. Callie pulled back and wiped away tears that I hadn't even felt fall.
----------------------------------------------------------
CALLIE POV:

"Lux..." She was crying quietly. I rested my forehead on hers. Her hand was clutching the back of my neck desperately. "Please Callie, I just want to forget everything for a little while please." She begged.

"Lux I don't think this is a good idea. Your emotions are all over the place. Why don't we talk it through?" She started crying even harder.

"Callie I'm so sick of t-talking. I'm so tired of everything being so h-hard. I just want something to be simple.
P-please just help me forget for a minute please." I wiped away her rapidly falling tears.