A Witches Warning

CALLIE POV:

I've never been this happy. Lux and I are cuddling in our room both of us absentmindedly playing with the others fingers.

"What are you thinking babe?" Lux's voice rang throughout my head I jumped at the sudden intrusion. "You know you could just talk to me right? No need to mind link. We aren't even two feet apart!"

She tightened her hold on me and kissed the mark on my neck which sent a shiver down my spine.
"I like that we can mind link it's more intimate than simply speaking."

I chuckled at her reply turning to look into her green eyes I leaned in capturing her lips in mine for a tender kiss. I pulled back first and nestled into her neck

"I was thinking about how happy I've been since I met you." I heard a small chuckle "I'm happy too." Lux said out loud. When out of nowhere she pulled me out of bed I let out a yelp.

"Time for breakfast cutie!" She shouted while carrying me downstairs. Once we made it to the kitchen she set me down next to a giggling Max and snickering Gabe while she went to make us some breakfast.

"So?! Let's see it!" Max exclaimed clearly excited about something.
"See what?" Her jaw dropped
"Your mark let me see it!" My mark? Why would she want to see that? I turn my head and show her where Lux marked me.

I hear a few gasps one from lux's mom Grace who just walked in
"Oh sweetie it's beautiful!!" She cooed. I was officially confused.

"Okay what are you guys talking about?" Grace pulled out a mirror and handed it to me what I saw shocked me. It was a tattoo!

It was the silhouette of a wolf howling the air with blue and green breath swirling out of its mouth. It was so beautiful I couldn't look away.

"Callie it's gorgeous!" Max screeched
Lux walked over and traced my new mark, I had to hold back the moan that threatened to slip out.
"I love it babe!" She whispered so only I could hear.

"Wait let me see yours!" I said excitedly. She turned her head so everyone could see. Another round of gasps happened. It was even more beautiful than mine!

It was a purple triquetra with the word maleficus in the center in a neon green hue. "What is that?" Gabe asked. "It's an important symbol in my culture. It symbolizes witches and their coven, and the word is Latin for witch." I explained while I ran my fingers over Lux's mark. She stifled a groan and her eyes flashed neon green briefly.

"Wait, you know Latin?" Max questioned. I rolled my eyes at their ignorance, but answered regardless.
"Latin is actually my first language. It makes it easier to learn spells."
Everyone just nodded and went back to eating their breakfast.

Lux came over and sat in my lap running her fingers through my hair. "Do you guys want to do something today?" "Let's go for a run!" Gabe yelled, Lux's eyes lit up, but she shook her head "Callie can't run with us."

I felt bad, but had an idea. "Do you guys remember that meadow you first saw me in?" They all nodded
"Okay you guys run there and I'll meet you there!" Lux looked at me with suspicion "How are you gonna get there?" She asked.

I smiled a sweet smile "Don't you worry your pretty little head about that. I have my ways." She huffed in frustration, but let it go.

"Alright you lazy bums lets go! It'll take you a while to run there and I've got stuff to do." Max and Gabe ran up to their rooms to get ready, but lux was still in my lap.

"I'm not moving till I get a kiss."
She said firmly with an adorable smile. She didn't have to tell me twice I grabbed her face and crashed our lips together, but pulled away before she could deepen it.
"Now go get ready." I whispered as I pushed her off of me. She staggered into our room in a daze and I started getting stuff ready for our outing.

---
I have everything ready for the picnic I have planned the only thing for me to do is teleport it there.
I close my eyes and imagine the tall grass, the flowers, and the trees.

Once I open eyes I'm in the meadow a huge sense of nostalgia hits me. I can't believe that only 4 months ago I stumbled onto this meadow running for my life, and now I'm here with friends I would kill for, with lux, and I love it.

I'm scared out of my thoughts when someone grabs my shoulder I reacted on instinct and flip the assailant over my shoulder ready to attack.

Before I could throw the first punch, someone pulled me off and I felt sparks run through my body and I instantly relaxed.

"Whoa! Callie are you okay?" Lux asked obviously concerned.
"I'm fine you scared me!" A groan brought me back to reality
"Oh my Gods Max! I'm so sorry! I was just in my head and you scared me and I just reacted I'm really sorry!" I rambled feeling guilty for hurting my friend. Gabe was in tears from laughing so hard.

Max sat up and smiled at me "it's okay Callie I should have let you know I was behind you." Once everyone settled down I pulled out  the blanket and food and we ate and laughed just enjoyed being out with each other. Lux and I were laying on the blanket looking at the clouds while Max and Gabe were chasing each other in wolf form.

"So how'd you get here" lux asked out of nowhere. I laughed at her need to know everything.

"Sometimes witches are blessed with gifts. I am one of those witches.
My gift is teleportation. That's how I escaped and how I got here."
She was quiet for a minute taking in this new information. "When did you figure out you could do that?"
She asked cautiously

"The night my coven got attacked I was backed into a corner with no way out. So I closed my eyes and wished that I was anywhere but there, and when I opened them I was in a park 2 states away." I answered softly trying to keep the memories at bay.

Lux didn't say anything she just pulled me into her side and kissed my forehead. We laid there in silence for a while, but the peace didn't last long because Gabe ran over to us with Max in his arms.

"She just passed out I don't know what happened!" He screamed on the verge of tears. He laid her down on the blanket and I took her face in my hands to see if I could wake her up. The second my hands touched her face her eyes shot open, but they weren't her normal eyes they were purple! Max sat up quickly and we all backed away.

"Callie they've found you! They are on their way to kill you! You've got to be ready. Or you've got to run!"

"Amico et inimico pythonissam?!" I spoke in Latin because only a white witch would be able to answer. We were the only people who still spoke the language. "What are you saying?" Lux whispered to me "I asked if she was a friend or foe."  I whispered back.

"Non ego sum ​​familiaris amicus!"
You must heed my warning! The dark ones are coming!"

She spoke quickly and in a hushed tone like she could be caught if she didn't hurry. "Who are you?! How do you know this?! Please, I don't understand!" I shouted desperate for some answers.

"Don't worry about who I am! Please just stay safe! I must go! Don't worry this vessel will be fine.
Goodbye and good luck sororis!"

She spoke solemnly like this would be the last time we would talk. Tears were streaming down my face when max's eyes faded to their original color. Nothing made sense! All I know is I need a plan!