Chapter 7: Project Buddies

|Y/n|

It's been 3 days now since Yandere has taken over my body.

1 life has already taken as well as 1 person knowing about us.

After Karma dropped me home from the 'incident' it was 15:48 and I forgot I invited Rio over my house to work on our project.

Don't do anything stupid, okay Yandere?

'Kay!

I don't trust that little brat, not one bit.

My thoughts were interupted by a doorbell, my doorbell, rinning.

I stumbled down the stairs all the way to the doorbell.

I swung the door open to reveal Rio standing there with her usual perverted grin on her face.

"Hey Rio! Come on in!" I moved slightly behind the door to let Rio in.

"Thanks (Y/n)! I brought the supplies, where should I put them?" Rio asked looking around for an open spot.

"Oh, just leave it in the living room right over there." I pointed strait ahead while closing the door and locking it.

"Okay, thanks." Rio said while plopping herself, along with the stuff, on the living room carpet.

I chuckled and grabbed my pre-made snacks from the kitchen and walked over to where Rio was.

I carefully set myself and the tray of snacks down while watching Rio carefully set up the stuff.

"So, what place should we do?" Rio asked, now noticing that I was now within eyesight of her.

"I don't know, maybe Africa? Give ourselves a challenge." I said while getting my textbook out.

"Alright then, Africa it is." Rio agreed and started writing down notes.

"Oh and also, there are some snacks here if we get hungry." I pointed out before actually getting to work.

"Okay, thanks." Rio looked up to take one quickly before getting right back to work.

-

We were half way done with our work and it was now 17:37.

Rio and I decided to take a break.

"Let's watch some T.V." I said pulling myself up on the nearby couch while turning on the T.V.

"Okay." Rio replied doing the same action as I was.

Currently we were crying over Your Lie in April.

"This is so sad! He can't hear the notes! And his mother abuses him! What a sheltered child!" Rio cried while pointing at the black haired nerd on the T.V.

"I know right!?" I grabbed the tissue box and stuffed my face in it while Rio preferred to use my hair.

"Say (Y/n), do you like anyone?" Rio asked in between sniffles while looking up at me with wet eyes.

"Jumin Han!" I yelled with no hesitation.

"Yoosung is bae!" Rio protested, removing her face from my (h/c) locks.

"Seven is the main man!" I added, giggling as well.

"Alright, you win. But really, who do you like?" Rio asked leaning her face closer to mine, examining it.

"N-no one, really!" I gave a nervous smile while putting my hands up in defence and backed away slightly.

"Are you sure?" Rio gave her usual sadistic smirk while leaning in closer.

"W-well w-what about y-you?" I tried changing the subject and I guess it worked 'cause Rio finally removed her face from my view.

"Me? Well, I think Karma is a hottie but I still like Yoosung." Rio said as if she was talking about her pet turtle.

"K-karma?! As in Karma Akabane?!" I shrieked in fear.

Oh no, if she likes Karma then Yandere is going to find out and kill her!

"Yeah, why? Do you like him?" Rio teased.

"N-no its nothing like that!" I was my turn to protest.

"Mhmm, sure~" Rio said, stretching out the 'sure'.

"Rio, is there anyone else you might like?" I tried to get her mind off Karma so she could be off the hook.

"No, not really, I mean Nagisa is kinda cute but he is just too smol for me." Rio shook her head in disappointment for the poor boy.

"Right."

Now that I think of it, Rio and Karma are basically the same person...

I felt a sudden itch when I said that, but why?

I shrugged off the feeling and continued to listen to Rio ramble off about how stressful stuff is.

"Don't you ever feel sometimes that you are being controlled? Like you can't control yourself?" Rio asked me out of the blue.

"Well, I mean..." I tapped my finger on my chin, thinking.

"(Y/n)? We're friends right?" Rio asked.

"Yeah, of course."

"And friends can tell each other anything, right?"

"Well sure, if you want to."

"Then, I need to tell you something because I don't think I can keep it to myself any longer." Rio confessed.

"What is it? Im here to listen."

"Well, my mother died a few weeks ago from a heart attack and my father has been taking it hardly. He blames me for the accident, saying that I was worthless and I have no meaning. Most of the time he would throw empty beer bottles at me and..." Rio choked on her words but then started to cry.

I hugged her out of instinct and rubbed circles on her back to show her that she is not alone.

"I'm sorry I can't help." I clung onto her as if it were the last time I would see her, because it might.

My hand started to twitch, reaching for my back pocket.

I grabbed hold of something sharp and secretly brought it behind Rio.

Stop doing this.

I know you heard her as well as I. She likes Karma. We can't allow that to happen.

But didn't you hear about what she is going through? Spare her life, please Yandere!

The pocket knife was so close to her back I couldn't believe she didn't notice.

"I'll put you out of your misery~"

The knife was stabbed repeatedly into her back and Rio jumped up, looking at me in fear.

It must have been weird.

An insane smile accompanied by sad eyes and warm tears of sadness.

"I-i'm sorry I couldn't save you."

-------------------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 7

-------------------------------------------------------------