Chapter one

It was horrible. they had defeated mage after mage and still, there was just one more. but they where all tired, sore and running low on magic energy.
Lucy sprang to the left to avoid the shadow slicer from the last dark mage infront of her. However the slicer cut the back of her leg, and blood spurted.
Lucy yelled out as she hit the stone ground and rolled head over heels before coming to a stop, blood trailing behind her from her leg and other wounds.
the worst bit? well the team had been split up, well not really just Lucy. she had been split up from her team and lisanna and was now struggling to hold her ground against the master.

"Natsu! he's over here!" Lucy screamed out, hoping no, praying team Natsu would hear her and come defeat the master.
there was no sound apart from the chuckling over the master and the whimpering lucy. She dragged her body over the stone, trying to reach the door. but shadows swept around and grabbed her.

"No!" lucy yelled out as the master dragged her back and her skin scraped across he ground before she was lifted from the ground and into the air.

"their coming, i can hear them... that dragon slayer has heard you..." he looked lucy up and down as the shadows wreathed around her, holding her up in the air before him.
he grinned evilly. "maybe i can play with them, you know mentally"

Lucy scowled at him "i hate you"

"love you too" he laughed, lucy spat and he went quiet. he silently wiped the spit making its way down his chin, clearing it.
"thats it!" he suddenly shouted, the shadows squeezed lucy harder and then he threw her.
Lucy saw his mistake and tried to grab at it. He had thrown her towards the door, just as Natsu turned the corner.

He was sprinting, eyes wide with fear for his teammate lucy, hair whipping back and furry edging his face with a sort of agonising fearful expression.

"LUCY!!" he screamed, Gray and Erza turned the corner, and a split second later so did lisanna. "Hang on!"

Lucy lifted a hand towards the doorway, however shadows pushed against the double doors, they started closing in.
Lucy tried to move forward again, towards the panicking natsu running for her desperately.

"Help Natsu!" however just as natsu neared the doors, they slammed close, and he ran into them.

Natsu POV

I could see her, battered and covered in blood, her leg bleeding badly from a deep gash. "LUCY!! hang on!"
I felt panic seeping its way into me, i could see her lifting her hand, and the doors closing. i tried to move my legs faster up to no avail, i tried again and again. just 10 more meters! but deep down, i knew i wasn't going to make it. those doors where going to shut before i could reach them.
But i pushed anyways, desperate to reach her. her eyes widened in fear as the gap between the doors was only wide enough to see her face and her out stretched hand.
the doors slammed, and I smacked into the wood, head first and I didn't even crack it.
"open up! Lucy!"

Normal POV

Lucy was once again dragged from the door, she screamed and thrashed to get away from the shadows encircling her, but it didn't prove effective.

"get off of me!"

the master chuckled and Lucy struggled with all her might but it was impossible to break free.

he leaned in, his mouth near her ear, so close in fact she could feel his bristles from his growing beard. "I'm going to hurt you little girl" he whispered hoarsely.

Lucy's eyes widened in fear and in a flash he had controlled the shadows to his bidding and she was hurled across the room. she smacked into the wall with a shout of pain, she fell, hitting the floor and she struggled to stand again.

"you can still move?" his shadows wrapped around her arms and legs, lifting her into the air. "not for long..." he stood totally still but the shadows around the room suddenly dashed to lucy, they cut through her. leaving gashed along her armss, leg, across her belly. everywhere.

"natsu!!!!" Lucy screamed out in agony "help!!!"

the master laughed in honest amusement, loud and ear piercing.
"you hate this magic don't you? its dark, evil and banished magic!" he walked over to her, "well i hate to break it to you but theres someone in your guild that uses this exact magic. you know her, she's blonde, short hair, tomboy?"

Lucy pictured the described mage, but how could it be her? she said she didnt use her magic a lot. but now Lucy remembered the black shadow like substance that had erupted from Elena on that occasion master said she was very sick.
So she did use shadow magic...

"And now Blondie!" master lughed again, "I'll make you bleed to death!"

Natsu hit the doors as hard as he could, "Iron punch of the fire dragon!" he yelled out. his fists danced alight with flames, but as he struck at the door, they didnt even leave scorch marks.
"Lucy!!!"

he heard a loud shout from inside and a thickening crash.

"LUCY!!"
screaming erupted in from behind the doors and the smell of blood, more specifically the smell of Lucy's blood grew in intensity.

"Natsu!!! help!!!"

Lucy's words cut through him like knives, driving natsu to strike at the doors more and more, harder and harder. but it wasn't doing a thing...

"Now I'll make you bleed to death!"

the screaming only grew louder, and the smell of the blood made natsu feel sick.