45 - The Lights and Buzz

Liam is parking his car in front of his girlfriend's two-story flat when he gets the call from a medic saying a mister Louis Tomlinson has been involved a car accident. His heart pools in his belly as he shakily turns his car back on and heads towards the given address.

Countless scenarios flicker through his mind like slides on a projector as he drives.

What if it's only a fender bender and Louis is completely fine? Yeah. That's it. Louis probably A-Okay, not a scratch on him but then the pessimist in him begins to doubt it all. Why would there be a need for a medic ringing him if there were no injuries?

What if Louis' car flipped over and he's trapped underneath it and firefighters have to get him out? What if he was being stupid and hadn't worn his seatbelt and flew through the windshield?

What if Louis-

No. There was a thought in particular he was avoiding, a thought too gruesome to speak aloud let alone think in his mind's voice.

As he neared the site, dread spread through his body like a disease.

The flashing red lights from the ambulance became vivid, more and more blinding the nearer he got. Liam just prayed to god that Louis was alright.

The streets seemed to be dead considering it was night time.

The closer he drove he was able to see the tow truck and Louis' car, shattered glass all over the asphalt, remnants of what took place not even an hour ago still clearly evident. The back of Louis' car was all crunched metal making Liam's stomache lurch.

The worried lad left his car in the middle of the street and ran over, ducking under the caution tape and running past all the officials milling about, acting as if they’re actually doing something when in reality they aren’t.

He scanned the area frantically, letting out a loud gasp of relief when he saw Louis sitting in the back of the ambulance bumper, his legs swinging as a medic is cleaning up some facial wound.

Liam could sing holy hymns and do hand stands and sob. All at the same time. This massive weight has disappeared off his shoulders and thank the Lord Jesus that Louis is fine when his car isn’t. He promises to pray tonight because it's a fucking miracle that Louis seems to be okay.

The sensible lad couldn't get to Louis fast enough. He sprinted to his friend, out of breath as he nearly dropped to his knees. "Louis! What happend?! Are you alright? Does it hurt anywhere?" Liam questions, his eyes taking in Louis' figure from head to toe.

He could see a cut on Louis' right eyebrow that is swelling a bit and the young male medic that's dabbing at the dried blood around his nostrils.

"Calm down, Liam." Louis replies huskily then turns to the medic and says, "Tell him I'm okay."

The medic looks at Liam with a wary half-smile. "He's okay for the most part, still needs an x-ray." The man offers.

"Nothing's broken?" Liam asks, making sure Louis' limbs are all attached and functioning properly.

"Doesn't feel like it." Louis shrugs with a tight smile.

His clothes are crinkled and disheveled, his denim button down spotted with specks of dark brown dots that must be blood. All-in-all it looks as if Louis had gotten in a fight, nothing more. Yet there’s something off with him, as if he’s a bit…rattled by the situation.

"Don't be brave Mr. Tomlinson. If something hurts you need to say so." The medic warns sternly as he dresses Louis' eyebrow wound.

Louis doesn't want raise any unnecessary alarm especially not with Liam there but he doesn't want to suffer for being stupid so he speaks up, clearing his itchy throat as he does so.