Forever After

Forever After {{20}}

Epilogue

Well I look fabulous. I'm sorry, but I do. If only you could see me. A peach, teacup dress with rhinestones on the waist. My accessories include a vintage hair barrette and completely bedazzled clutch. I shine like the Fourth of July. I twirl in my dress and adjust a curl as I look in the mirror. I look good.

Breaking News! I'm not dead.

I know right!

We will get to the whole, I'm not dead thing a little later. Right now I have to get to a wedding. I'm going to miss the ceremony, but I always love a good reception. Champagne, cake, and dancing. It's all so magical.

I pop over to the reception hall and walk inside with the other guests. The theme is simple, with yellow and creme as the colors.

Quite pretty actually.

I grab a flute of champagne from a waiter and wait for the happy couple. Walking around the room I see next to no one I know. That tends to happen when you barely know the bride and groom. Don't worry, I'm not crashing the wedding.

This is going to be splendid!

While I wait for the bride and groom I might as well tell you what happened after the last time you heard from me. It feels like that was ages ago.

After that night when Leo left I told Jack to go back home to London. After much struggle he left. There I was, all alone, ready to die.

Sorry about the dramatics. It had to be said.

Weeks went by and I didn't die. I know, shocker.

I felt better so I ventured out in town. I found a small shop that sold my parents' wing polish and I bought some. I was so ecstatic that I immediately went home. I lathered it on and I couldn't help the smile on my face. This polish has helped me through thick and thin. It's honestly a life saver.

I have to admit, that was way overdramatic.

The next couple days the awful feeling came back. The coughing, the aching, the fatigue, and blood. It was gross. With my pain and sadness I looked for the wing polish, but I lost it. I hadn't done my laundry since Jack left and later found it (the can) in a pile of clothes.

Weeks went on of me wearing the polish and feeling terrible, to me running out and feeling great. It took three long months to finally realize it was the cans making me feel awful.

I know. I know. I can be a real blonde.

But I was blinded by glittery wing polish and pain. Beauty is pain.

I called my parents immediately and told them what happened. Either I was having an allergic reaction or it's the product. And if it's the prodcut than this could be happening to fairies around the world.

My mother was more upset that her company would be closing and not that her only daughter was on death's door. My father was concerned, but he doesn't show much emotions either.

The DJ picks up his mic and introduces the couple. They enter with the biggest smiles I've ever seen. Oh did I mention I haven't told anyone either. That I'm, you know, alive.

Every time someone from my past sees me it's like Marley visiting Scrooge. Their faces are priceless.

The bride and groom mingle throughout the room and I just stand with a smile on my face. I can feel the love pulsating all around the room. as I gaze at them (in a non-creepy way) I think it's time I re-introduce myself. I haven't seen my best friend in about 4 months. I'm dying inside.