Fairy Senses

Fairy Senses {{1}}

.

One mistake. One itty bitty tinny tiny mistake and no one trusts you anymore. I'm sorry world! You hear me! I'm sorry!

This is what happened. It was prom of '09 and Danny Frett contacted me. His handwritten letter was actually quite sweet and I saw a lot of potential.

Anyway- Danny got a hair cut, a new pair of contacts, he actually used soap and deodorant for the first time in his life, and he bought a suit.

Sweet little Danny's one wish was to get the popular girl he had always loved to dance with him at the prom. Now I found some bad things about his love. But to him she was such a catch. I think Danny was blinded but love and looks.

Aren't we all?

I dropped Danny off at the prom and reminded him of all the rules. (She can't find out who you really are tonight, have to leave by midnight, and no sex on the first date.) I know depressing, but I have old fashioned values.

He went into the prom confident that he was going to win her heart; after all it's not guaranteed that you end up with your love (it's in the fine print). I watched as he walked in and he said I was free to leave because he could handle everything. I was a little hesitant, but he is a big kid and can handle it himself.

I wish I would I have stayed.

The next day I got a nasty voicemail from his mother. Turns out I took him to the wrong prom and he danced with the wrong girl and then got beat up. By the wrong jock. He was in the hospital for a week with broken bones and a concussion.

It's not my fault the idiot didn't recognize his own school. He should have spoke up, that's why he didn't get the girl, because he's stupid. Yeah that's right, I bad mouthed a client.

He deserved it, wussy little brat.

Because of that one mistake no one trusts me anymore, even though it wasn't my fault. His witch of a mother plastered all over Facebook and emailed Ellen of all the horrible things I did. (It wasn't my fault) I tried to apologize and send countless cookie baskets but nothing would budge. So now my reputation is tarnished and no one trusts me anymore. And I'm broke because of it.

I'm broke. Broke as a joke. I saved money for years. Once in a while I would buy a nice pair of shoes, preferably designer, or a new purse, also designer. Because of that stupid kid couldn't keep his feelings in check I felt guilty and was used for medical bills. Like how on earth do you sue a fairy?

It should be in the Bill of Rights.

Thou shall not sue thy magical fairy if thou art an idiot.

That's so how it would go.

Now that I'm poor and I'm looking for work. But with my job I can't dance on the street corner like every other idiot. Because my job is a secret! You have to be chosen by me or write to me. The only was you can write to me is if someone tells you about me. It's a very complicated business. Also very secretive. Like a gang.

"Gary! Where's my espresso!" I storm into my office, by pushing open the door I knock over a picture of myself and Kate Middleton. I scream and rush over to the picture.

I loved that frame.

Kate Middleton was once in my program. When I first met her she was a sad, lonely college student. She wasn't hoping to marry the prince or any one of the matter. Kate just wanted to be liked by people. All I did was give her a pair of contacts and a box of hair dye. Now she's the princess. That's how good I am.

Gary rushes in with my espresso.
"Here you go ma'am." I clear my throat. "I mean miss."

"Thank you, Gary. Now clean up this mess." I point to the glass shards on the floor. He whines and goes to work. These people act like their put out.

But Kate was really deserving of it, like Cinderella she was kind and had a great heart. The two were both naturally pretty they just hid it behind excessive clothes and thick glasses.

I search through emails and read letters of hopeful young people. These people don't know how to take life into their own hands and take charge. Seriously, how hard is it to ask someone out. The worst they could say is no.

My number one rule is be courageous.

Don't be afraid to ask someone out. Ladies, guys like it when a girl can take charge. Maybe the person has never thought of you that way before, but once you ask them out sparks fly and chemicals react. And then next thing ya know you're getting hitched and poppin out babies.

Ba-da-bing, Ba-da-boom.

"Gary, I'm going out!" I yell to one of my four assistants. Wait, one of three. I fired one this morning for crying on the job.

I need some fresh air and a good cup of coffee. I walk out of my office and button my jacket closer to myself. Dang it's cold. Wings don't handle to well in cold weather.

Winter of '68. That is 1868 not 1968, I stood in my backyard wings open for some fresh air. I couldn't even hide my wings for the day because had frost bites on the edges and hurt too much to move.

I walk down the streets of Manhattan. Everyone looks like they are on a mission. Everyone has to be somewhere at some time. Nobody makes eye contact or offers a smile. But that's New York for ya. I still love the city. I've lived all over the world at different time periods and seeing the world change is always hard. But I've always loved New York and New York loved to change the most.

Who should I choose, who should I choose? I don't want a child as my next assignment or a middle aged creep. That sounded a little harsh. I need someone who isn't expecting anything. Who doesn't believe really in love or thinks they are capable of loving someone.

Love is a beautiful thing; especially when you think no one will love you. Then for the first time you hear someone you truly care for say those magnificent three words, I love you.

My fairy senses are tingling! (It's a bit like spider sensese.)

I stop and just look around. I feel their pull, where are they? I look at the on coming crowd, some look at me weird because I'm just standing in the oncoming traffic of people.

People are everywhere. How am I supposed to find someone in this mess?

Someone bumps into me. How rude! "Ow!" I turn around to yell at them and all of a sudden I'm dizzy. That's them! I have to follow them! I run to try and keep up with them but they walk really fast. This is the wrong day to wear heels.

It's either a man or a really toned man-woman.

I hope it's a guy.

I chase after them and turn corner after corner. It's so hard to keep up with them in 7 inch heels. I only wear 5 inches the least or I don't go out at all. I broke a heel once and I thought I was going to be put in a mental hospital that's how crazy I went. They were designer ok, you would go insane too.

I soon discover it is a man and I get closer to him.

"Hey!" I call out. "Hey, stop!" I yell. They just keep walking. Maybe he's deaf. If he's deaf then I'll have to learn sign language. Which shouldn't be hard. I already speak 18 languages and can dabble in 5 more.

I'm a few paces behind him and I grab his jacket pocket. He whips around and glares at me. Oh, he's big. I cower back a little and let go. My hand is on fire from where I touched him. A scary giant man isn't surprising in New York, but he looks uncomfortable in the city.

"What the hell do you want lady?" He yells. Oh dude, you need a tic tac.

"I have to talk to you." I say politely.

"Yeah no thanks. I don't need your services." He's so cocky.

Services! Did he just imply that I was a hooker?! Do I look like a hooker?! I am not no Julia Roberts!

Wait! I'll be Julia Roberts if you can find me a Richard Gere. That man is delicious. Even though he's old, but I have no room to speak.

"You need to speak with me, your love life depends on it." I speak in a hushed voice. Be nice. I bet this is very awkward for him. Some random chick coming up to him saying his lonely and needs help with his love life.

"Lady, get a life. I don't want your help and you need help." He scoffs and walks off.

Yeah he's definitely the guy. Good thing I have his wallet.

Oh look, $20!

%%%%%%%%
Thanks for reading. It's going to get really good!