Blasphemy

Blasphemy{{11}}

Message from Leo_7:53am.

Have you seen my keys? I can't find them anywhere.

I search my apartment for my other heel. It's purple, with rhinestones on the heel. Have you seen them? Nevermind. I'm gonna be late!

AHHHH.

Oh wait. I'm the boss. Nevermind.

Again.

I give up on the purple shoes and switch to a pair of simple black pumps. I head to my office. It's going to be a long day.

* * * * * *

"Gary send in Leo. Please." I press on the intercom button. Leo walks in the French doors and sits in a chair.

"Hello," I say. I set aside my papers and get my notepad out. "So how's life?"

"I can't find my keys." He scratches the back of his neck.

"When did you have them last?" I ask, not interested in his missing keys at all.

"When I locked up before the ball." Leo sighs. Something else is bothering him.

"Just get a new set." I shrug.

"Yeah but it's kinda strange knowing my keys are somewhere in New York." I roll my eyes.

"No big deal." He laughs. "What?" I ask.

"I was just thinking of the keys." He smiles and looks away with the grin on his face.

"You were thinking, of keys?" I raise my eyebrows and question him to make sure I heard him right.

Not only has he lost his heart he has lost his mind as well.

"I had a few keychains on them."

"Like what?" I ask and play along. "I'll write down what they look like incase I find them or they turn up." A girl can hope.

"Uh. There were probably 6 keys on them. A lanyard was attached to the keys it had the Yankees logo-" Luke says.

"Yuck! Yankees." I fake gag.

"What? You aren't a Yankees fan?" He smirks.

"Hell no." I lean back in my chair.

"Red Sox?" Luke asks with a knowing look.

"Red Sox all the way baby." I pretend to hold a bat and swing it.

"Anyway. There was a Swiss Army knife, rather nice actually. Also a half of a picture in a small frame."

"What was the photo of?" I ask genuinely curious.

"When I was a kid." He nods his head.

"Oh. Well to more important matters we need to get you a second date." I smirk and tap the pen on my teeth.

"How?" He asks.

"That's up to me to figure out, but since you're obviously so interested got any ideas?" I'm stumped.

"A few things up my sleeve." Leo smiles like a Cheshire cat.

*******

I should be a spy. I would be great at it. I could wear cute outfit and be stealthy. It would be awesome!

I lean against the brick wall as I wait for Diana to leave the cafe. I need to see where she goes after this. In my bag is a potion that I sprinkle on her food to tell me anything I ask. I'm going to ask how she feels about Leo. The problem is trying to get it on her food or at least ingest it.