Kidnapped

Kidnapped {{15}}

Remember how I said that this year would be better? Remember how I expected it to be spectacular?

Well I spoke too soon. Way too soon.

********

Jack is camped out on my couch and passed out. He's been a here a week and leaves tomorrow.

Thank God!

I can't sleep, normally the sound of the busy streets puts me to sleep, but it's keeps me wide awake at the moment. I let my wings stretch and they carry me to my closet. I'll have to write a detailed note with what to do with my clothes. Maybe they could be donated to the Smithsonian, they are priceless artifacts in my eyes.

I shut the closet door and sit in my desk chair and stair at random things around my room. I stare at the botom of my bed where the dust ruffle is sticking up. I crawl over the bed and raise up the ruffle. A box is poking out from under it.

I struggle to pull the heavy box out, it's squeezed in pretty tight. The wooden box is dusty and I brush off some of the dirt and dust. The intricate pattern brings a smile to my face as I remember what's in here. I open the latches and throw the lid off. I grab the fabric and lift, it's heavier than I remember, a cloud of dust flies in my face. I cough and drop the fabric from my hands.

Once I've composed myself I take it in my hands again and walk to the mirror. I swing the blue fabric around myself fasten the clasp. My blue cloak still fits like a glove.

I look at the fabric. It's really smelly but simple. I remember when I liked to not be the center of attention, to fade in the background, was always my metaphor.

If you could consider that a metaphor.

I can't hide the smile on my face. I always loved this, my signature item, but later I traded the cloak for an amazing pair of shoes.

Oh a 78 pairs of shoes.

I carefully place the cloak back in the box and slide it back under my bed. Oh memories.

In the pumpkin patch circa 1697.

"I was told to stay home." Cinderella whines as she wrings her hands in her apron.

"No, you were told to do your chores, which you did, and then you could go. So you're coming. I didn't come out here for nothing." I tap my wand on my hip.

"I'm just a simple farm girl." She sighs and sits on a nearby bench. Cindy looks up at me with sad eyes.

"Cinderella, you're beautiful and have a heart of gold. Nothing is impossible, well not with me at least." I wink.

"What will I wear? It's a ball, with beautiful dresses, lots of beautiful girls and I look-terrible." She looks down at her close and back at me. I study her for a moment.

"Yes, you do." Her eyes widen and she looks at me shocked that I actually said that. "But I'll fix it. Stand back." She steps back.

"I have to warn you this is my first time practicing on someone." I say, praying she didn't hear me.

"What!" She shrieks and jumps back a little.

"Shh. Don't want to wake the rats-" I laugh.

"Mice," she corrects.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes. "Ok what are the words again." I mumble to myself. I look in my dress pocket, in my cloak, and then I remember. I slip my foot from my shoes and take the piece of parchment.

"Ok...bipidi, boppidi, boo-what? These words are stupid." I laugh and crumble the parchment, throwing it behind my head.

Who wrote this crap?

"Fairy Godmother, by the time you finish, the ball with be over." She steps a little closer.

"Well aren't you just sassy," I scoff.

I shake a bit as I hold my wand high in the air.

"Bipidi, Bopidi, Boo!" I point the wand at her and her simple farm clothes transform into a beautiful ball gown.

"Oh I'm good." She smiles and twirls in her dress.

Oh I'm good.

*******

I walk out to the kitchen to get myself a cup of water. It's quiet and I don't see Jack asleep on the couch. His stuff is thrown everywhere, but he's not there. I shake my head and walk to the fridge.

The last thing I hear before something is throw over my head is, "Bipidi, Bopidi, Boo," in a deep voice.

*****

This feels like a hangover, but worse. Much worse. My back hurts, I'm cold and I can't see anything. I try and open my mouth but I soon realize it's taped.

My God, where am I?

My eyes adjust to the light and I look around me. First thing I notice is that I'm in a large cage. There is a few locks keeping the door closed.

Second thing I see is that I'm in a shed or something. There is a small window and I can see the snow coming down. I try and move around but there's not much space.

The door opens and light pours in. I hear the booming of the door and it makes me jump.

"Oh look. She's awake." I know that voice. How do I know that voice?

He crouches down to my level and smiles. That's when my heart finally breaks.

It's Patrick.

The human that I told I was a fairy who then tried to sell me to a scientist, yeah this is him. He's also my ex.

"How have you been sweetie?" He reaches through the grates to pet my face but I flinch away. "Oh be nice." He coos.

"Why am I here?" I ask.

"Because you left too soon." He smiles too sweetly.

I look around the cage and I thank God I'm not claustrophobic.

"Please just let me go." I beg.

Worth a try.

"Can't do that. Tomorrow Dr. Veijn is coming to get you." I grab the bars.

"Please Patrick, let me go. I know you. You aren't like this." I clutch at the cold bars beneath my hands.

"You don't know me!" Patrick raises his voice. "I loved you, then you dumped me for someone else." He looks stricken.

"Patrick-" I sob.

"Enough!" He takes a deep breath and calms himself. "I'll see you tomorrow. Be good my sweet."

He leaves and I start to cry. I'm going to die. I'm going to die. Way sooner than I thought.

Prison life isn't for me.

^]^]+{£]^[€%|£]*]£\£^]^]%]>]

Comment or vote. tell me what you think.