Chapter 8- Mission to the Land of Waves PT 4

Yep Two Updates Today. An Apology For Not Updating Since May. Enjoy!!

*
Fun Fact: I kept referring to Haku as a she while I typed this.
*

Naruto went to attack Haku and Haku moved from mirror. The chakra he released became stronger every passing moment. Haku seemed to think he could strike at Naruto from behind. I covered Naruto in a water dome and released it after the senbon hit the dome. Naruto released more chakra and then he ran for the mirror Haku had been in. Naruto destroyed the mirror only having punched it.

Haku dropped from a mirror above Naruto and I rushed in tackling him away even though Naruto had dodged his attack. Haku tried to retreat into another mirror but Naruto ran past me and grabbed his arm. Naruto seemed to have gotten tired of Haku's jutsu and he destroying the mirrors releasing a wave of chakra. Naruto clenched his hand into a fist and pulled his fist back. Naruto punched Haku on the face and sent him through the mirror behind Haku which still stood. Naruto ran at Haku again and when Haku's mask finally fell apart Naruto wavered once he saw Haku's face.

"So that guy in the woods, that was you?" Naruto asked.

"Why do you not strike?" Haku questioned Naruto.

"Huh?"

"Did you not just vow to avenge your comrade's death by killing me? Or was that vow empty words?" Haku asked Naruto. Shi laid down by Sasuke protecting him after we had pulled every senbon out of his body.

Naruto wavered on whether to punch Haku on the face again but then he did, "And now, that won't do. Your still holding back. If that is all the strength you can put into it, you will never keep your vow. Perhaps he didn't mean as much to you as you pretend." Haku taunted Naruto.

"There is only one person who matters to me, and I live to protect and serve him. That is my purpose, to show mercy to those who oppose the one you serve, to allow his enemies to live when you could strike them down. This is not compassion. It is betrayal of your life's very purpose. For what reason do you exist then? You're of use to no one. You're life has no meaning. It is mere existence. Day after day of pain and struggle, signifying nothing." Haku stated.

"Yeah, well, speak for yourself." Naruto retorted.

"Are you really that blind, little one? I am speaking of myself. This day has shown that I am no longer of any use to Zabuza." Haku stated.

"Zabuza. Why that guy anyway? To devote your life to a rotten skunk who doesn't know the meaning of the word honor. If he's really the one person that matters to you, man, that's the sorriest thing I've ever heard." Naruto told Haku.

"There were once others who mattered to me long ago. My father and my mother. I was born in the Land of Water in a small village where the snow lies deep in the winter. My parents were farmers and very poor. Our life was hard, but we were content. My parents were good to each other and kind to me. Yes, we were happy once. But then everything changed. Because of something that happened long before I was even born, everything changed." Haku told us.

"What do you mean? What was it? What happened?" Naruto asked.

"Your bloodline made itself known, huh?" I asked.

Haku nodded, "It wasn't my doing. It is in the blood."

"Blood? So what was it? You said something happened that changed everything!" Naruto asked wanting to know.

"It was my father who changed. He killed my mother and he almost killed me. After years of suffering the horrors of civil war, the people of my land had come to fear and hate anyone who carried the Kekkei Genkai in their blood." Haku informed us.