Chapter 2- Twelve Years Later, Naruto Becomes A Genin

Chapter 2- Twelve Years Later, Naruto Becomes a Genin

I sat up gasping for air; I looked over at my clock and saw it was five in the morning, like always. The night of Naruto's birth has always replayed in my head since their deaths, because of that masked man our parents died protecting Naruto and I from the Nine Tails. One thing for sure was that I could never hate or blame my brother for something he did not cause. The village, although I understood their grief the first few years, disgusts me to no end with the treatment they often have given Naruto. Instead of treating him as their hero, they treated him as if he were the fox himself, totally ignoring father's wishes.

Then there's me. At the age of five, I graduated the academy after being there for a couple of days. I took the ANBU Black Ops test at the young age of seven and then I was put with Itachi Uchiha at the age of nine as his temporary ANBU Captain. However, four years ago Itachi was given the mission to assassinate his whole clan and in hope of protecting Sasuke, he lied to him. Only I knew of that mission because I had accidentally found out about the coup d'état, and I was supposed to help Itachi with the massacre. Instead of helping out, Itachi drove a sword through my stomach and made me swear that I would protect Sasuke and the village in his stead.

At the age of same age of seven, after my first ANBU mission, I also found out that the villagers would harm and berate my brother. The last straw was when a shinobi decided he would try to break in and kill my brother while I was home. I was ten at the time and had just returned home from a daylong mission, when the shinobi broke in; I was reading Naruto a bedtime story, because of this, the Third Hokage had seals put on the doors and windows that would only allow Naruto, Jiji, and I to enter our home along with whoever we happen to give permission to.

Getting off my bed, I went to cook some real breakfast. I know Naruto can live off of ramen but I can't! I'm in ANBU, I need all the nutrients I can get; that and I'm pretty sure both of our parents would be disappointed if I was not feeding Naruto correctly. I made some egg omelets, rice, and salmon with green tea. I saw I still had ten minutes before I needed to go wake Naruto up, so I hid all the ramen cups and went to take a shower. After ten minutes I heard something hit the cold hard wooden floor. I stopped the water and listened, I heard footsteps coming towards the bathroom and then there was a knock.

"Onee-chan hurry up, I need to use the bathroom!" I heard Naruto yell at me from the other side of the door. I could practically see him dancing in front of the restroom wanting to use the toilet.

"Going, I'm going." I said. I stepped out and change quickly into my ANBU uniform and dried my hair using my towel. I opened the door and stepped aside letting Naruto run into the restroom, "Food is on the table already Naruto!" I yelled through the now closed door. I started to set the table and then I started to serve both of us.

"I wanted ramen Minako." I heard Naruto say after I put his plate down.

Looking at my pouting brother I spoke softly, "Look Naruto, you can survive on that all you want but you know I can't. Now eat up." I responded giving him a soft smile.

"Fine, but you owe me ramen." He whispered and started eating his food after he said thanks.

"Yeah I'll make sure to get enough for your sixteen bowls. I packed your lunch already and you should head out very soon. I wouldn't want you to be late to classes. Please try not to pull a prank today as I have training with Lord Hokage. I won't be back until sometime before you exit the academy. Training later tonight in training ground four." I stated. Naruto nodded and put his dishes in the sink. I got up and went to wash our dishes when Naruto ran out the door and I teleported in front of him with his bento box, "Forgetting something you knucklehead?" I asked him. Naruto jumped on me and hugged me.