Chapter 5- Mission to the Land of the Waves PT 1

Chapter 5- Mission to the Land of Waves Part 1

I stood on a tree above Kakashi looking over at the "demon" cat known as Tora. Raiden was beside me looking at the butterfly that was currently settled on my hair. When it got there, I have no idea. I didn't have a headset because I "forgot" to get one. Let's be honest I did not get one because I can hear the team clearly. The good side to having the Kyuubi's chakra in me is that I have enhanced hearing and smell. I watched as the team got into place to catch Tora, "Sasuke, I'm at point B."

"Sakura, I'm at point C."

There was a silence for a bit, "Naruto, I'm at point A. Believe it!" I heard Naruto say. I looked around and spotted him easily. Seriously I think I should get Naruto a new wardrobe, but yet again, he does like his orange jumpsuit and I don't mind it.

I heard Kakashi sigh, "You're slow Naruto. Okay squad seven," I saw Tora jump away, "Target has moved, follow it." I lost sight of them but could hear them faintly.

"What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi asked.

"Five meters. I'm ready just give the signal." I heard Naruto say. I moved closer to their location to watch who got scratched by Tora. They jumped into action and Naruto caught Tora, "I got him! I got him!" Naruto yelled and Tora started to scratch Naruto's face. I jumped down and grabbed Tora and he instantly calmed down.

"Affirmative we got a positive ID." Sasuke said.

"Can't we get a better mission than this! I hate cats!" Naruto yelled.

I bonked Naruto on the head, "Naruto, MY EARS!" I yelled.

We went back to the academy where we went to hand in the mission, also known as Tora. Iruka and Sarutobi-sensei were there handing out the missions. Madam Shijimi tore Tora out my arms and started to squish him. Raiden took that opportunity to jump from Naruto's arms and into my arms. He made himself comfortable and I made my way over to Sarutobi-sensei.

"Oh, my poor little Tora. Mommy was so worried about her naughty little fuzzy kitten. Yes." Madam Shijimi said as she continued to squash the cat.

Naruto started laughing and I stood behind Sarutobi-sensei looking at the missions laid out for the genin, "Stupid cat. That kitty deserves to be squashed." Naruto said.

"Now then, for squad seven's next mission we have several available tasks. Among them babysitting the chief councilor's three year old, helping his wife to do the shopping, digging up potatoes in the-" Sarutobi-sensei was cut off by Naruto.

"Noo!" Naruto crossed his arms in an x shape, "I want to go on a real mission. Something challenging and exciting, not this little kid stuff! Come on old man!" Naruto said. You know he's actually right, not even my team got to do these kinds of missions when we younger. Just shows how lazy people get over the years.

Iruka stood up yelling at Naruto, "How dare you! You're just a brand new genin with no experience! Like everyone else you start with simple missions to develop your skills and prove yourself!"

Naruto yelled back, "Are you serious?! Babysitting is not a mission, it's a stupid-" Kakashi hit Naruto on the head and Naruto face-planted on the floor.

"Will you put a lid on it?" Kakashi questioned.

Sensei started talking, "Naruto, it seems you do not understand the tasks you have been given. Listen many different kinds of request come into our village every day. From babysitting to assassinations..." and like that I blocked him out. Should I let Naruto eat ramen today again or should I make food? Yet again I need to go and buy more food. I think Naruto can have ramen today, not like he will complain. Hey maybe I can go eat Dango! Hmmm... Dango, "Silence!" Sensei yelled. I almost dropped Raiden when he yelled.