Chapter 48: Welcome Back

At home Emily called Isabella's school and talked to the principal. She explained the situation and the man decided to let Isabella go to school only to do the tests. When Emily told Bella she was allowed to go just to do the tests, the girl was relieved. She really didn't feel ready to stay away from her mom for so long.

Later that day, Bella got ready for dance class.
"Aww I can never get used to how cute she looks wearing that" Penelope told Emily when Bella walked in wearing a black leo, light pink tights and a black skirt.

"Can you do my hair?" She asked Penelope.

"Of course I can, my little swan lake princess" Garcia said. Bella sat on the floor in front of Penelope and the woman did a side braid into a pony tail on her hair.

"All done" Garcia said and Bella stood up.

"Are you ready?" Emily asked with a smile. She had never taken Bella to a dance class before and she was excited.

"Yes. Let me just get a jacket" Bella said and they headed off.

.

Ballet couldn't have gone better.
Hilary was happy to see the two there and Chloe was glad Bella went. The mothers sat in the gallery and watched the class. Bella couldn't help but look at the window to make sure Emily was still there. She gave her mom a small smile every time their eyes met. Emily was really happy to be watching her daughter. When Bella was little and took ballet she always wanted to go but was never able to. She was glad she could do that now.

When dance was done, they said goodbye to Hilary and headed to the car.
"I loved watching you dance, Bells" Emily said with a smile and Bella smiled back.
Emily drove for a while and then parked the car close to an ice cream place.

"Why did we stop? Are we going somewhere?" Bella asked a little confused. She had not yet seen the ice cream place.

"Right there for a little special snack" Emily said pointing to it. Bella smiled and asked why.

"I thought since you have a bunch of little traditions with Derek and Penelope, we could make some of our own now." Emily said smiling. "Like ice cream after ballet" she added. "Would you like that?"

"Every time?" Bella asked.

"Every time" Emily smiled.

"Cool" Bella smiled big.

"Alright. So let's go" Emily said and they walked out.

They had a really great time eating and talking about ballet and the upcoming recital. Once done they headed back to Derek's house. Bella showered and then they watched some tv till it was time for dinner. They ate and sat to watch a movie. Just 20 minutes into it Bella was getting sleepy so Emily said it was bed time and went to tuck the girl in. Bella asked her to stay till she was sleeping and of course Emily did just that. The child was so tired that she fell asleep really fast so Emily pulled the covers up and went back to the living room.

"She's out already?" Derek asked. It was just 9:30pm.

"Yeah. I think it was all the cooking and dancing" Emily said and they smiled.

"Well, I'm going to shower, my loves" Penelope said and left Derek and Emily alone in the living room.

There was an awkward silence and then Derek said "so... Have you thought about Strauss's offer?"

Emily looked at him and said "yes"

"And..?" Derek said.

"I can't go back on the field. At least not yet" Emily said and Derek nodded agreeing.
"But I also need to work so... I don't know what I'm gonna do" she said.