Chapter 23: Holding On

Bella was in and out all night. She would wake up and just stare at Chloe sleeping or at the walls until she was out again. Around 5 she woke up and felt like couldn't sleep again. She couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened that day. She couldn't stop thinking about the screams and Emily laying on the ground hurt.
She walked out of the room and went to the living room in search of a book. She figured that could help. She walked around the place and found one close to the fire place.
"Serial killers. Great" she said in a whisper as she saw what the book was about.
Suddenly she saw a little pile in the corner and was glad to see it was for kids. She grabbed the top one and walked back to the room and started reading the book. She read for a while and then fell asleep. Her sleep finally cached her around 7.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Derek woke up at 8, made breakfast and sat to eat. Suddenly Penelope walked in.

"Are they still sleeping?" She asked.

"Yes" Derek said. "I made waffles" he said.

"Looks good" Penelope gave him a small smile and say to eat.
Once they were done they sat in the living room.

"Do you think she's doing alright?" Derek asked Penelope. The woman had never seen him so insecure.

"I think so" Garcia said. Derek just nodded. "I know what it's like and I'm not gonna lie to you... the pain is... it's horrible. But I made it this far and she will too" Penelope said. "She's the strongest kid I've ever met" Garcia said.

"Yeah" Derek said with a small smile.
Penelope smiled back.

"I think I'm gonna stop by my house to get a few things. Are you okay to stay with them by yourself?" Garcia asked.

"Yeah" Derek said.

"Alright. I won't be long" she said and left.

.

Sometimes later Penelope got back with a suitcase and they just watched tv till the girls woke up around 9:45.

"Good morning" Chloe told Bella but Bella stayed quiet.
"Are you in pain?" Chloe asked worried.

"A little bit" Bella said.

Chloe gave her a small smile. "Are you hungry?" Chloe asked and Bella shook her head no.
"Hey you can't stop eating again" Chloe said a little worried.

"I know." Bella said. "And my mom wouldn't want that" she added.

"Yeah" Chloe said and they just stared at each other.
"Are you feeling sick again when you eat?" Chloe asked.

"No" Bella said. "I thought I would but I'm not"

"That's good" Chloe smiled. "And if you ever feel like that just tell me. Maybe I can help like last time"
Bella nodded and said "I will".

"You're my best friend you know that?" Chloe said.

Bella tried to give her friend a little smile but she couldn't. Her best friend wasn't Chloe, it was Emily.

"I love you" Chloe said.

"I love you too" Bella said low pushing her tears away. They hugged for some time and then Chloe said
"We should go eat"
And to the kitchen they went.

.

"Look who's awake" Derek said as he saw the girls walking to the kitchen.

"Good morning" Chloe said.

"Good morning girls" Penelope said. "Uncle Derek made waffles" she said with a smile.
The girls walked to the table and sat to eat. Penelope and Morgan sat with them. Both adults were impressed that Bella was eating alright. They knew how the girl was and when they took her home they thought they knew how the food battle would go but they were wrong.