Chapter 1

Dipper and Mabel Pines walked home from school, taking their time doing it. As the twins walked through the park, Mabel made it her task to pick at least one of every kind of flower she found, including the weeds.

"This is gonna make a beautiful bouquet, don't you think?", she asked her twin, rubbing it in his face. The pollen made Dipper's allergies act up, causing him to sneeze so hard he fell over. The brunette got up and shoved the group of flowers away from him. "Mabel!"

His phone began to ring. He got it out as the once joyful girl looked into the sky. It was almost sundown.

Looking down, she asked solemnly, "Which one?" They looked at each other as Dipper answered, "Hey Dad."

"Why aren't you home yet?" the other voice muttered. He wasn't happy, nor was he patient at the moment.

Dipper made a gesture to signal this. He looked at the street across from them, and they were almost to their house. Dipper told them that, when he asked, "Is Mabel there?"

Sighing, he gave the phone to his sister, who did everything in her power to refuse it. But after a second of grunting, she had the phone in her hands. Holding it up to her ear, she pretended to be joyful when she greeted, "Hi Dad!"

Obviously increasing in joy, he spoke with a more calm attitude. "Hi sweetie. I was just wondering why you haven't come home to your dear old dad yet." She could hear the smile in his voice, and it made her tremble. "J-Just picking a few flowers for you and Mom.", she responded as quickly as possible.

"That's great. You can give them to us at dinner." "O-okay, see you then." Shoving the phone back at her brother, she turned tails and darted. Dipper hung up and followed behind her as fast as he could.

Last thing they needed was for him to be angry tonight.