who is he? (rewrite)

social butterfly is not exactly what I would use to describe myself. I didn't like to get out much at all, in fact. There was nothing wrong with going out, but if it's not absolutely mandatory I'd rather stay at home and avoid being seen at all costs. My best friend, on the other hand, was the polar opposite. I'd known her since we were younger, her mom often treating me like her own child and having me over for numerous sleepovers and late study sessions with Marissa. Today we were going to a "small get together" as she described it to me when she was trying to convince me to leave. I had one headphone in, listening to an audio book that I had accidentally purchased and figured I might as well use.
"You're lying." I said as I closed my eyes and tried to block out her voice in favor of the narrators.
"I'm not. really, i'm not. it will be small. a few people from a few different schools. Come on, please."
"Fine, we can go for an hour, and i'm bringing a book to read." I smiled at the annoyed look on her face.

After spending around 35 minutes telling her 'no' and 'absolutely not' to all the outfits she tried to get me to wear, I finally decided on wearing a floral print dress that went a little past my knees.

"You know.." she started once we were finally in the car, "i never would've guessed that i would be the one going to college out of the two of us."

"Marissa, I told you, it's perfectly normal to take a gap year before college. i have things i want to do." i sighed, playing with my seatbelt, a nervous habit i've developed when talking about things i don't particularly want to discuss.

"Yeah I know, just... I'm going to miss you. Things are going to be crazy without you here."

I smiled sadly at her. I was going to miss her, but I knew college wasn't for me. At least not now. I felt like I had other things to do, like my life was going in a different direction. It was a peculiar feeling I couldn't shake, and I knew I was doing what was best for me.

We pulled up to a large house with people already piled out on the lawn.
I got out of the car and smoothed my dress out.
Marissa grabbed my arm and soon enough we were inside. She wasted no time blending into the large crowd of people. Dancing with whoever and taking shots and drinks from anyone offering. I sighed, knowing I wasn't gonna have nearly as much fun as I was promised to, and there was no way Marissa was gonna be ready to leave in an hour.
I noticed a couch in the corner of the living room, behind all the sweaty drunken people. I considered sitting down and waiting, maybe finishing my book, when someone bumped directly into me.
"My bad, gorgeous." A heavy, nasty breath made its way into my ear. I shivered.
I looked around, silently hoping Marissa would see what was happening and come to my rescue.
I couldn't find her anywhere, but I made eye contact with a brown haired boy who had a pretty angry looking expression plastered on his face.
I furrowed my eyebrows at him, momentarily distracted and forgetting about the man trying to get close enough to grind on me. That was until he whispered to me again, "you know, it's rude to not answer someone when they're talking to you." His tone a little more aggressive than last time. I was paralyzed in shock and fear, I almost didn't notice the brown haired boy coming towards us. I was mentally praying he had come to save me from this situation, when he stopped a few feet away from us. "Asshole" I muttered out loud, without meaning to. The man in front of me got visibly more angry. "What was that?" He said, and before I could rush out a response to explain myself I noticed the brown haired guy pulling something out of his pocket. The next few moments happened so insanely quick they almost felt unreal. The man in front of me dropped to his knees, screaming. "There's something in my pants. There's something biting me in my pants." Everyone's attention turned to him.
I had no idea what was happening, but I knew I had to leave immediately. I looked up and saw the boy was gone. I turned around towards the door and I saw him there. An expectant look on his face like he was waiting for me to follow him. I wasted no time going outside, stopping to gather my thoughts when we got to the front lawn.
"Enoch. That's my name, since I know you were wondering." He spoke with a heavy accent and a uninterested tone.
"Evelyn. Well.. Evelyn Ana, actually, but most people call me Evana."
"Thanks, um, for rescuing me." I said after a heavy awkward silence. He looked at me, then down at his watch.
"I have to go." He said, already starting to leave.
"Wait, but you.." I started to say, but he was already gone.
I sighed and decided to call myself a cab. That was enough excitement for one night.